Teddy

Written for my Jasi.

"What the fuck?!" I couldn't help but scream at the man in front of me, claiming to be my prized possession, my teddy bear.

I had just gotten back from a shower, moping about while cleaning myself. I was here on my eighteenth birthday yet my parents weren't. I was all alone, and I would have to spend today like that. After running away a couple years ago, to get away from my group home, I have been living in an apartment by myself. I've been getting by, barely, but I am.

Stepping out of the bathroom I had no idea there was someone in my apartment until I looked up to see a large, very naked man standing in the middle of my room.

"Who are you?" I demanded, pulling my towel even closer to myself. The man looked me over, almost agonizingly slow. When his eyes met mine again he smirked.

"Well, you named me after all," he replied.

"You are not Teddy, you're not a stuffed animal. You're someone who broke into my apartment and keeps staring at me with those creepy elevator eyes." I looked around, spotting my phone, and ran to it. The man must have realized what I was doing before I felt his arms around mine and he pushed the phone off the dresser, moving me from it. "Let go of me!"

"I can't do that." 

I growled, trying to push him away from me. I could feel his manhood against my back and it was doing things to my mind. Almost like I couldn't fight back. At that moment, I cursed myself for being gay. I was suddenly airborne before I felt myself hit my bed. I looked up at the man and I was going to scream if he even tried to do anything funny, but he didn't move. 

"You can't say you don't feel it, Ben!" His blue eyes stared down at my face, now not moving to my body. I had to admit it, there was a pull, but I wasn't going to give in. It could be just because he was.. damn attractive. "I was put here for you, you're my soulmate. The gods are giving me a second chance. My last life wasn't perfect, but now I have you. I am here to please you, in any way you wish."

"How do I know you're not delusional?" What was I saying? Why wasn't I denying this? Was it that attraction he was speaking of?

"Because I know everything about you! You were born in the back of a car, a highway baby on the way to the hospital. Your parents loved you dearly, until they were killed in a gas station shooting while you witnessed, yet they spared a child's life. You were given a teddy bear by the police officer that worked that case, and you held it every night when you went to bed. You held me. How else would I know what you whispered to it every night?"

My eyes were blown wide, how could he know? Was he telling the truth? He couldn't, because that's impossible! I mean, everyone knows we aren't the only ones on earth, it's the most logical thing. The whole universe is full of things no even knows about, but to see it happen right in front of you? It was making my head spin.

I shook my head, looking back up at the man. "What.. what did I whisper?" I asked, holding my breath. What if he told the truth? How could I deal with it after? He said we are soul mates, that I was his second chance! Could it be?

The man now moved, slowly, and he raised his hands to cup my face. His hands were large, but soft to the touch. I couldn't help my flinching when he touched me, I was still skeptical. 

"You prayed, every night. You prayed for it to all be a dream. You would talk to me, about your day, about your dreams, who you fell in love with and who you fell out of love with. You told me everything." He was telling the truth.

I let out my shaky breath, feeling a weight almost lifted off my shoulders. "Teddy?" It was rhetorical, I knew it was him, it had to be him. Every fiber of animosity I had for this man had left with a simple word and I was floating.