ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 14:

Parineeti POV:

Parineeti POV:

"Pari" he said softly, "It's really okay. You don't need to be embarrassed"

How will I not be embarrassed, I just fucking did that shit!!

"I'm sorry!" I murmured softly still feeling guilty of what I have done. I can't even meet his eyes. How is he all okay about it? Like no reaction or something?

He gently lifted my chin, his touch a soft reassurance, before taking my hand and guiding me towards the bed. It had been a month since our marriage, yet we still slept in separate rooms—me in his bedroom and him in the guest room. As he picked up the blanket, he glanced at me fleetingly before heading towards the door.

"Good night" he said, pausing to look back at me.

"Wait, umm..." I called out hesitantly.

"Yes?" he asked, turning around.

"You should sleep here. After all, this is your room" I said, trying to sound more confident than I felt.

"So, you're suggesting we sleep together?" He raised an eyebrow, his face a mask of neutrality.

"Not in that way" I stammered, my nerves evident. "If you want, fine, but otherwise, I'll sleep in the guest room." I didn't want him to misunderstand my intentions.

"Stay here" he said after a moment, returning to place the blanket back on the bed. I watched his every move, from wandering around the room while scrolling through his phone to eventually making his way back to the bed—and towards me.

"Fine, I'll sleep here" he said with a smirk that made me raise my eyebrows in suspicion. He walked around to the other side of the bed and climbed in. Quickly, I placed a pillow between us and smiled in relief.

"This is the barrier" I declared. He looked at the pillow, his brows furrowing in mild dissatisfaction before he laughed it off.

"Fine. Have a good sleep" he said, turning off the main lights and leaving only a small lamp on.

"You too" I replied, turning off the lamp and lying down, facing away from him.

The room settled into a comfortable silence, the only sound the soft rustling of the sheets as we both adjusted to our new sleeping arrangement. I could feel the warmth of his presence on the other side of the pillow barrier, a strange comfort that I hadn't expected.

As I lay there, my mind wandered back to the past month—the tentative conversations, the careful distance we maintained, and the unspoken questions that lingered between us. Sharing a bed, even with a pillow barrier, felt like a small but significant step towards bridging that gap.