Chapter#8

Mahnoor's POV:

All of my relatives were congratulated me, I received a tight hug and cheek pinch from Bhai. Group hugs from friends and loads of blessing from my parents. Right now, I feel like the luckiest person on the planet.

After Nikah, dinner was served. My friends didn't let me eat anything, fearing my makeup will be ruined. But things worked out when I gave them puppy dog eyes. No, scratch that, when I threatened them that I will do the same on their weddings.

At almost eleven, I started to feel dizzy from exhaustion. Today realized how hard it is to be a bride. I was waiting for Kamil's family to leave so I can change into my normal clothing but they and my family seem to be busy in some sort of discussion, which I am not interested in.

I wanted to sleep...

My mobile beeped and Kamil's text popped up on the screen.

'Hey, wife! Don't change yet. I want to see you. Already had permission ;)'

Heat crept up on my face I tried my best to hide my goofy grin. I was placed my phone back when it suddenly started ringing. It was a call from an unknown number. I received it hoping it would be Kanwal.

"Hello Assalam o Allaikum!"

"Mahnoor,"A smile appeared on my face hearing Kanwal's voice, "I heard from someone just now that today is your Nikah. Is it true?" I noticed she didn't return my greetings but panic was evident in her voice.

"Listen, I really wanted to tell you bu" She didn't even let me finish my sentence, cutting me off in the middle.

"Is it true or not?"

"It's true!" I replied back suddenly agitated. She called after so long and the only thing she does is question me and cut me off.

"Ya Allah! Mano, listen. No matter what happens, don't sign the Nikah papers." Is she not happy with my marriage or what? She always knew I had a crush on Kamil. 

"Kanwal, it's already done. But why" Troubled and confused I tried to explain things, only to be cut off in the middle. Again!

"Listen to me very carefully, leave town right now! All of you! hurry!" Kanwal practically screamed. Now she had my full attention.

"Kanwal, what do you mean? Why are you saying that?"

There was a pause and then I heard Ahad's voice "I never thought you could be this stupid, tigress." He growled and hung up.

Huh???

I tried calling her again and again, checked service connection but there was no response from the other end. 

What just happened?  

It was my wedding day and I was grinding my teeth, extremely infuriated, withdrawn and suspicious. All of the day's events and the weird call gave me a massive headache.

As soon as I lean back to relax, I heard tires screeching. My head snapped towards the door and got up from the bed. Suddenly everything went quiet as if I were standing in a graveyard and it gave me an eerie feeling. I ran towards the living room where everyone was sitting and found Moosa approaching Papa while his men standing near the entrance. He looked so furious that I subconsciously stepped back. My breath hitched when our eyes met for a second and next he was holding Papa by the collars.

All the gents present started to move towards them but their steps came to a halt when Moosa's men took out their guns. There were more guns than the total number of people.

Moosa muttered something to Papa and then he pushed him on the sofa. My scream got caught in my throat and instinctively rushed towards my father. I had only taken a few steps when I was hauled and placed behind my brother's back.

"Hand her over to me." Moosa growled. A shake of my brother's head was the only response Moosa got. One of his men had already taken the ladies to Papa's room and locked them there. I was the only female left.

"I said hand her to me." This time he took out his own gun from the holster. I gasped and tried to move Bhai away from me or moving away from him. I didn't know what was going on but I was sure I didn't want anyone to get hurt. A gunshot was heard and Bhai fell on his right side. Blood started oozing from his leg.

"BHAI......." I screamed bending down to him, only to be yanked away.

I felt a hard and heat radiating body at my back. Moosa. It was his chest, he was staring at me with bloodshot eyes. I wiggled to get out of his arms, to get free but it was no use.

"Leave her, Moosa." Kamil's voice brought me back from my haze.

Everything seems to blur and I was unable to understand anything. A hand with a gun came in my line of vision. Next thing I know Kamil was on the ground. My body went limp, a sudden burden was all I felt. Screams... Bodies rushing... Blood... Deep red blood oozing out from Kamil chest.

He wasn't moving...

"K-Kamil." My voice was barely audible. His grip tightened around my waist when I tried to remove his hand.

"Sssh! be a good girl and behave. Or else it will be your brother next." His voice was so calm as ever. When I stopped moving he started barking orders.

"I am taking her. You guys take care of the rest and if someone tries to be smart.." he paused, "kill them"

"No!" I screamed with all the energy that was left in me. A hand at the back of my neck was all I was able to register and everything went black.

_______________________________________________________

Salam and hello everyone!

Oops! It turns out to be another short chapter ^^'
Forgive me..... but it the same thing, if this were a long chapter it will ruin the suspense of next one.
Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Take Care :)