10.) Hot Neighbors

You know what sucks about being the only single girl on a vacation?

You’re the only girl without a boyfriend to spend time with.

So while Holly, Andy, and Elle were all somewhere in the mansion-castle with their boy toys, and Jackson, Ryder, Brendon, and Jarrod were out doing some guy stuff that I was uninterested in, I was alone. Speaking of Ryder, I haven’t seen him since yesterday and I still need to apologize for yelling at him like I did. I need to do that when they get back home.

Instead of staying in bed and cuddling my lovely comforter like I wanted to, I decided to be a little productive and I got dressed in a hot pink bandeau top, which is like a strapless sports bra and gray dance sweatpants that cut off right below my knee and spelled “dance” down the side of the left thigh. I took my Pumas with me, just in case I wanted to go for a run later, and then threw my hair into a messy pony tail before hurrying through the house to towards the beach.

I have yet to check out the pool that I hear is amazing. I was almost tempted to go check it out then, but decided that I could do it later. Spoken like a true procrastinator.

Once I got outside, I stuffed my ear buds into my ears and hooked my iPod Nano onto the band of my pants. I really don’t think there’s a reason for having an iPod Nano when I have an iPhone, but one of my dance friends got it for me for my birthday senior year and I couldn’t give it away because I felt bad and I realized that it helps with dance, because it’s smaller and easier to hook onto my top. Plus, if it gets water logged, it won’t be all that bad.

I started playing He is We while I stretched out and ran back and forth down the beach in my bare feet for a small while and did some basic flips just to get used to the feel of dancing in the sand. I hadn’t danced for a good three weeks, so I had to start off easy so I didn’t like break my face or anything because that’d put a damper on this vacation.

When I was ready for an actual song to dance to, I switched the song to Here Comes Goodbye by Rascal Flatts, which was a slow song that we’d learned at the beginning of freshman year of college. It was a fairly easy sequence, so it was a good something to start with.

I spun around in the sand with ease, and the splits, the spins, the flips, and all those fancy dance moves that I’d learned over the years of being a dancer. When the song was over, I stopped in the final pose. I was personally impressed with how well I performed the sequence, considering I hadn’t done the dance for almost two years.

The next song I decided to do was All Day by Cody Simpson, which was a faster pace and we didn’t study it in school, I’d choreographed it myself, I just never showed it to anybody because I’m no good and choreography, I just think it’s fun sometimes.

After that dance, I was rather tired, so I took out my ear buds and paused the music as I turned to the ocean and listened to the calming lap of the waves on the surface.

“That was cool.” An accented voice made me nearly jump out of my sweaty skin as I turned around quickly to face a familiar Australian boy. He was one of the boys who lived next door, but I couldn’t remember his name.

Before I answered him, I looked around the beach, there were a few other people farther down the beach, but nobody that he could have been talking to other than me. “Um, thanks.” I muttered.

“You’re Libby, right?” He asked, walking closer to me. He was shirtless, like the first time we’d met, only this time, he wasn’t with his brothers or Taylor. We were alone.

“Um, yeah.” I spoke. “I’m Libby.” Yeah, Lib. Real smooth.

“Damon.” He reminded me, sitting down in the sand and facing the ocean.