Chp. 32

After Valentine's Day the only thing that had managed to occupy my mind was the amazing night I had with Drew. I had replayed it about a million times within this past week, and that next Monday I had told Maria everything. She had been beyond excited, almost more excited than me, but I could tell she was happy for us. I hadn't felt this good in a long time, but our first time had been absolutely worth the wait and I wouldn't change a thing.

The more I analyzed the fact that Drew had given herself to me in the most intimate way the more I realized how important it had been. She had to have trusted me completely, and I pinned it on the fact that we had talked immensely that same night. I had said something, showed her something important for that to happen. Drew had evolved and grown so much in the past five months that she was basically a different person, but it was a fantastic transformation. I was proud of her, and I was proud to know she was mine.

I didn't know exactly what was in the future for me and Drew but I knew we had taken a huge leap and it had worked out in our favor.

I was currently wrapping up at the dance studio with the teens, Maria had even stayed to help, but now we were waiting for all of their parents to pick them up. I was eager to see Dew considering I hadn't seen her all day, and Maria waited patiently with me at the door.

"So, her second fight is tomorrow... How do you feel?"

"Nervous," I replied honestly, "As usual."

She glanced at me and then sighed, "I know Demarcus is going, so if you feel the need to show up then I will too. Even though I do not like the sound of that place at all."

Looking at my best friend I felt a sense of pride and admiration, just knowing that she would set foot in that place for me made me smile. I hugged her into me, "Thank you... but you don't have to. I wouldn't put anyone through that purposely."

Maria shrugged, "But having support is good for Drew right?"

Suddenly I realized my friends were also Drew's, which meant a lot to me, and I nodded in agreement. "Of course it is."

Then there were no girls left to see off and Maria and I climbed into a cab. I was the last to be dropped off, which was fine, besides the fact that the anticipation to see Drew was now at its all-time high. I missed her, and I knew deep down I had it so bad for that girl, but I honestly couldn't help it.

Finally we were in front of her apartment as I rushed out the taxi, knocking on the door eagerly. Drew must've been waiting for me because it took her no less than three seconds to open the door and pull me into her.

She spun me around and kissed my head, "Hey."

I felt myself blushing like an idiot, "Well hey to you too," then I leaned up and captured her lips with mine.

I couldn't explain it, but ever since we had taken it further there seemed to be a special bond between us. There was more comfort, if that was even possible, and more love. Everything seemed to be intensified, which was shocking in my own opinion.

She sighed, "I ordered take-out but I wanted to wait till you got here to eat."

A huge grin spread on my face, "Why are you so perfect?"

Rolling her eyes she smirked, pulling me towards the kitchen, "I'm just going to take it as a compliment."

"You're supposed too," I teased, "That's why I said it."

All she did was laugh as she grabbed us each a bottled water and we sat at her island. We talked about work and dancing but there had been something big weighing on both of our minds, but neither one of us had the guts to bring it up. Jada was important to me, Drew knew that, and even when they had met at the last recital they had never really met without any hostility. I knew Drew would have to eventually, but bringing it up had felt wrong and scary.