Prologue

"You see, your sister's not in danger. She's just marrying all one thousand of us and becoming our gnome queen for all eternity!"

  "The Gravity Falls Gobblewonker! Come quick before it scrapdoodles away!"

  "You really think you can outwit me, boy? I'm Sherlock bleeding Holmes! Have you seen my magnifying glass? It's enormous!"

   "That's a lie! ...And I'm going to make sure you never lie to me again, friend."

   "Welcome... Welcome to your graves, young trespassers."

   "Not man enough? Not man enough?! I have three Y chromosomes, six adam's apples, pecs on my abs, and fists for nipples!"

   "Uh oh, paper jam!"

   "...And then he chased me around with a paddle for like, three hours! Bottom line: George Washington was a jerk."

   "Alright! You've cornered me... I'm... a time traveler..."

  "I am ready to take on the greatest Fight Fighters! Take me to the Soviet Union!"

  "Little Dipper..."

  "If you can collect 500 pieces of candy, and bring it to me before the last jack-o-melon goes out... I will let you live."

"Thank you for saving me, but why didn't you just roll me into the lake?"

"Okay, gonna flip the script here. Can I, eat your brains? Yea or nay? Seein' some yea faces here..."

"You think you're so clever, don't you, Dipper? But you have no idea what you're up against. You will never find the author!"

"Oh, Soos. I am not an ordinary game. I am... special."

"...So, I'm gonna let you off the hook this time... but know this! A darkness approaches. A time is coming in the future where everything you care about will change...

Until then, I'll be watching you!

I'll be watching you."

"Gah!"

Dipper jolted awake, hitting his head on the car window, and felt the car swerve a bit. He was sitting in the passenger's seat of his sister's car, grabbing his chest and heavily panting.

"Woah! Dipper, are you okay?!" Mabel worried, glancing over to him really quick before returning her gaze to the road. "You scared me! I nearly wrecked the car!"

Dipper caught his breath, and softly replied, "Uh... Y-yeah. I'm fine... I just had a weird dream..."

"Weird? How weird?" Mabel questioned.

"I... I don't know... It was like I was remembering everything from our first summer here...," Dipper began, rubbing his forehead. "A-and I heard..."

Dipper paused, and carefully continued, "Bill's voice... It was the thing he said when we first met him... Something about watching us..."

"Oh! That everything we cared about would change and that'd he'd be watching us? I remember that!" Mabel exclaimed. "We found out that he was talking about the portal and Grunkle Ford, remember?"

"Yeah, Mabel, I know... But it was just so weird hearing his voice...," Dipper murmured with a shiver.

Mabel sighed and then attempted to comfort her brother, "Dipper, don't worry about it! I'm sure you just had Gravity Falls on mind... I mean, this is our first summer back after all these years. You were problem just remembering what Bill said to us."

Dipper frowned and looked out the window, but then felt one of Mabel's hands pat him on the shoulder. He turned to look at her.

"C'mon, bro, we defeated him! That evil triangle is long gone! Don't you remember how Grunkle Stan, Ford, Soos, Wendy, you, and I stopped him from starting the apocalypse? How we killed him? There's no way he could've messed with your dreams!" Mabel reminded him. "Grunkle Ford said that the spell we used to defeat him destroyed him. Even if he was a being of 'pure energy', that energy doesn't exist anymore! You don't have to worry about Bill anymore, Dipper."

Dipper then smiled at his sister, "Thanks Mabel... I guess I just needed a little reminder."

"Good! Now you can stop worrying about that triangle and be excited about living in Gravity Falls for not only this summer, but for a whole year!" Mabel loudly exclaimed. "Think about it, Dipper! After the summer is over, we'll still get to stay! We'll go to school with Candy, Grenda, and Pacifica! It'll be amazing!"

Dipper laughed, "I'm excited too, Mabel... I just hope our parents down change their minds at the last minute."

"We're staying no matter if they change their minds or not!" Mabel giggled. "No one's ruining this year for Mabel and Dipper Pines! We're going to have the best summer and twelfth grade year anyone has ever had!"

The twins were both laughing as their car pulled into the small town of Gravity Falls.