five

Camila doesn't like Fridays.

She decided this after her first week of work was over and Lauren wasn't waiting for her in the parking lot. The small girl trudged grumpily over to Ally's car, tossing her backpack over her shoulder and sliding in the passenger seat.

"I forgot she had a meeting," Camila huffed when Ally gave her a questioning look. Ally just laughed and rolled her eyes as they pulled out of the parking lot.

The apartment all five girls had once shared was now only home to Normani and Dinah. When Lauren and Camila moved about an hour away to Tarryton, Ally moved in with Troy, leaving her about halfway between Tarryton and the old apartment.

And now Camila sat in Ally's car, staring absentmindedly out the window as she pondered what they would be doing that weekend.

"I bet Nala will be excited to see you," Ally laughed, raising an eyebrow at Camila. Camila's eyes widened, realizing that she hadn't been able to see Troy's dog since they'd moved.

"I am supposed to tell him to propose to you," Camila giggled, looking up from her phone where she had just received a few detailed texts from Dinah. Ally rolled her eyes and scoffed, making Camila laugh even more. She quickly bent down to reply to Dinah.

"What about you and Lauren?" Ally asked, raising an eyebrow. Camila paused for a moment, quickly sending her text to Dinah and then looking back up at the girl.

"Yes. What about us?" Camila tilted her head to the side.

"You know," Ally chuckled. "It's legal in all 50 states now," she wiggled her eyebrows. Camila pursed her lips in thought.

"Marriage?" Camila bit her lip when Ally gave her a quick nod. The small girl hummed in question, tilting her head to the side and turning back to look out the window. "I do not even get marriage," Camila spoke softly.

"What's there to get?" Ally stole a glance at Camila, who had since turned to face the older girl. "It's just... marriage."

"That is it?" Camila tugged on her beanie and thought for a moment. "Then what is the big deal?"

"It just means you love that person and you want to be with them for the rest of your life, that's all," Ally shrugged. Camila crinkled her nose in confusion.

"But I love Lo and I want to be with her forever, and we are not married," Camila nodded softly. "What is the difference?"

Ally furrowed her eyebrows, not sure how to answer Camila's question. "Girls like a big fancy wedding," the older girl laughed softly. "The long dresses, pretty flowers, the first dance..." Camila noticed the longing look on Ally's face. "Us girls like that stuff, I guess. Marriage just seals the deal."

Camila giggled, nodding before quickly typing another text to Dinah. She hurried to follow Ally once they pulled into the apartment parking lot, tossing her phone back into her bag and practically sprinting past Ally and into the living room to greet Nala.

"Well hello to you too," Troy laughed when the younger girl slid to her knees beside the small dog to greet her. Nala hopped up to plant slobbery kisses all over Camila's face, making the girl giggle.

"Wait!" Camila quickly stood up, grabbing Troy's arm before he could greet Ally. She stood on her tiptoes, furrowing her eyebrows when she was still too short. "I need your ear," she laughed shyly.

Once he bent his knees slightly, Camila leaned in. "Ally wants you to propose to her," the small girl whispered, hopping backwards once she was done to watch his reaction. The older boy raised an eyebrow, glancing from Camila to the kitchen, where Ally had disappeared into.