Chapter 14: Spiteful Endings

"Did you know that Sam and Leah broke up?" Tori entered my bedroom with one hand clasping a packet of chocolate chip cookies, and the other holding a carton of milk.

"What! No way! When? Well I hope she dumped him, he is a freak now." I said sitting up on my bed, playfully snatching the cookies from her hand.

"Hey!" She protested with a huff before taking a seat beside me on the bed. "And turns out he dumped her around the time he went all weird."

It had been three months since the Cullens had left. The cold, wet Washington winter had returned and most of our time was spent indoors. I hadn't seen Bella properly since the morning after the Cullens had left and I stayed the night. It was like a part of her had died and she hadn't been the same since. At school she didn't sit with her friends, she just moped around and sat alone at the Cullens' old table. I'd try and join her some days but she wouldn't talk to me. Once she realised I had no clue where they had gone she ignored me.

I'd heard from Dad that she'd been having nightmares every night for the past three months, waking Charlie every night. I'd been keeping a close eye on her, keeping my promise of ensuring that she's safe and that she didn't do anything reckless. She couldn't really in her emotionless zombie state anyway.

"You can't be serious?" I was completely shocked, how could he do that to her when he's already caused enough damage to the tribe and now he's dumped one of the elder's daughters.

"It gets worse." She revealed after taking a swig of milk straight from the carton.

"How?" I was scared to ask.

"He dumped her for Seth and Leah's cousin Emily Young, you know from the Makah Tribe." She concluded with a sigh and I slowly felt the anger begin to boil inside me. What a disgusting human being.

"Noooooo! Ergh, he's vile." I spat, shoving another cookie into my mouth. I hated Sam, he had corrupted my brother and Paul into some weird cult loving freaks. They thought they owned everything in La Push, us normal, young people called them hall monitors on steroids.

"I know right. Completely out of order, Leah is devastated. I also can't believe that Emily actually got with him knowing how upset Leah is." Tori added shaking her head at the new couple's foolishness.

"I agree. Poor Leah." I contemplated on whether I should go visit her to see if she was okay but something inside me was telling me not to, especially with the hate her father and mother have for me.

Nothing vampire related had changed about me except for the slight brightening of my eyes, the deep, blood red colour was now a very dark orange. I was still wearing my contacts everyday so no one knew but me. Just like Alice had said, I was receiving monthly packages of contacts to keep me stocked up, it was hard to keep it hidden from the family.

I've been spending most of my time with Jake, Quil and Embry. His 18th birthday was a few days ago, we had a small get together at his house with our parents considering the other half of our group didn't want to spend any time with us.

The boys' company was something that kept my mind off of the Cullens and Bella. But I was worried, they were changing a lot. Jake was now at six foot five, his muscles were continuing to grow making him look hotter than ever. Much to my liking.

Embry and Quil were the same though, Embry looked like he stopped growing height wise last month staying at six foot four, the same for Quil at six foot two. Their temperaments had stayed the same although they could be angered easily. I hoped they wouldn't turn out like Jesse. Their happy nature gave me reassurance that they wouldn't.