CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

I looked out the window as the car rushed past everything. It was starting to get dark, it had been cloudy all day so it got dark earlier than usual. I could see the other cars as they passed by us.

My dad didn't even let me go back to the house to get some clothes. He didn't care where I wanted to go-he just wanted me to go away.

"Just while we find the shooter." My dad had promised me.

That could take weeks. I didn't want to be stranded in some cabin, hiding with Nathan. While the idea was tempting, I decided to just go to Miami. It had been a long time since I had seen Patrick and I missed him. The problem was that my dad didn't think it was a good idea to fly. He insisted we drove the whole way. In my opinion, that wasn't the safest way to get out but my dad seemed so scared and desperate, I just agreed to everything he said.

As Nathan drove, I was starting to regret it. How long does it take to drive to Miami from New York? I took out my phone and googled it.

19h and 1m

Adding a few gas stops and food stops, it would take about a day to get there. A day alone with my bodyguard. That I kissed. I glanced at him. He actually looked serious as he drove, I thought he even looked angry. His jacket was off and so was his tie. He had the sleeves of his white shirt rolled up to his elbows. A few of his bangs had fallen over his forehead, giving him that bad boy look.

I looked away.

I started freaking out. I was alone with him. Just him and I. For one whole day. I can't run, I can't walk away from him. He was supposed to be with me 24/7, I was there when my dad gave him the order.

I took a few deep breaths.

Ok, Hannah, calm down.

"Hannah?"

"What?" I didn't even realize he had been talking.

"I asked you if you were alright?" he asked glancing at me through the rearview mirror. His green eyes seemed darker.

"Uh, yeah." I murmured looking out the window.

Thankfully, he didn't press it. I was glad he was driving, it meant he had to focus on doing that. I leaned my head on the window and closed my eyes, trying to get some sleep but I couldn't. I could feel Nathan glancing at me a few times but I didn't look at him. When I checked the time, only two hours had passed since we left the hospital.

Now that I knew that Nick was going to be okay, I realized that I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast. My appetite was back

"I'm hungry." I announced.

I could see Nathan half smiling. He seemed more relaxed. "I'll get out the next exit."

I watched as he kept moving to the left until he reached the last lane and got out. There was a fast food restaurant and I told Nathan we could just eat there. When he parked, I didn't wait for him to open the door and just got out.

It was a chilly night and I crossed my arms in my chest, then I felt Nathan place a sweater on my shoulders. I realized it was mine. I frowned. This was in my closet this morning.

"Your father sent me to get pack you some clothes." Nathan explained.

I blushed. He saw my underwear. My grandmother underwear.

Nathan chuckled. "Just another secret I'll keep." He teased as if reading my mind.

"Who do you think shot Nick?" I asked him as he opened the door for me and eager to change the subject.