Chapter Nine

"I'll kill him." Scott said simply.

"You will do no such thing." Kira and I said in unison. Everyone was gathered at Lydia's, all of us in her lake house. She was pacing in circles, biting those ruby lips as Aiden stared at her with lustful eyes. I worried about her juggling these guys because I know she had Parrish hooked on her, she was fooling around with Aiden, and her and Jackson still had their own history. Wait, who was I to say anything about someone's love life when I can't even choose between Derek or Liam. Not to mention there's Nathan. I don't like him or anything but I've always gravitated to damage goods like a magnet and he's as damaged as they come. Well besides his brother Leo. 

A knock on the door startled us all, most of us on edge about the unexpectedness of Nathan's attack. He pretty much said that he'd kill Kira first so Scott wasn't taking any chances. I wasn't sure how I could help, since honestly close ranged combat wasn't my style. I'd rather shoot him but since Derek wasn't really a gun fan I was pretty much forced not to use them. I had to learn to use my claws like the other guys.

" Do you really believe he'll come after me?" Kira asked.

"He's never really been one to stray from his prey once he's caught on to a scent." I told her, crossing my legs. "I have no doubt in my mind that he will try to, though he'll probably have to lure you out first." I said, still thinking before dropping the glass I was holding. 

Lydia stopped in her tracks and both of us turned to face Kira at the same time. "Kira in the past three days have you had contact with your parents?" We asked simultaneously.

"They're out of town." She reassured us. "My dad had a teacher's convention in New York so I'm staying at Scott's, but he isn't bothering to attack me while I'm there."

"That's because he's afraid of him." Liam said proudly, smiling at his alpha, even though Scott didn't look very convinced. He looked at me with a frown before turning to Kira and smiling weakly.

"It's because he doesn't wish to kill Scott too soon." I told her. "He will wait for you to be alone, or at least with someone else." I said, turning my eyes towards Lydia.

"What, me?" She asked, pointing to herself. 

"Well he wants you, but since you're highly treasured." I told her, shrugging my shoulders, "You actually might be one of the safest." I told her. "Honestly, I'll be killed before you do."

"You think he'll actually kill you?" Lexi asked, sitting cross legged on the refrigerator. 

"He stabbed me already with his freaking kanima claws." I told them, reminding them about the couple of days where my father was freaking out about me being paralyzed and how he wanted to take matters into his own hands.

"I can't deal with this, I'm going to the restroom." Kira said hopping up. Scott immediately got up as well, ready to follow her wherever she went. I looked towards Isaac who seemed to be off a bit by their whole relationship. I wonder if that was how Liam felt about my relationship with Derek.

"Hey Liam come here." I whispered to him. He got up and walked with me to Lydia's back porch. We sat down and he stared out at the lake. "Liam." 

"Don't talk Stiles, just look." He breathed out softly. I nodded and inched closer to him as we stared out at the lake, the moon and stars reflecting on it's surface. "It's a full moon tonight and I'm strangely in control, though you seem to be able to do that. Calm me down I mean. Not to mention you were a total natural with it, not turning and trying to kill once your first full moon came. I think he's going to come tonight to be honest."

"Say what, why not tell anyone?"  

"Because I'm not sure if he'll show up if everyone's alert." He said, still staring at the lake.