Lay Me Down Chapter 49

I KNOW IT'S SHORT SRRY :(

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET.TELL A FRIEND :D

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 I sat in the hard plastic chair next to Carter. His hand was intertwined with mine. The air smelled of a mixture of pine sol and Clorox and everything was white: the walls, ceiling, the tiles placed upon the floor. I stared across at this Hispanic couple. The woman’s stomach protruded out leaving me to think that she was pregnant. Her lip was swollen and there was a black and blue mark above her left eye. I know that you weren’t suppose to judge  books by their cover, but if anybody looked at this couple they would suspect that the guy was abusing the girl from the obvious mishaps that were printed on her body.

 I felt Carter’s grip tighten on my hand. I looked up towards his face. He was staring intently at the wall. Maybe he was just thinking, there was so much to think about. What if I had a disease?  What if I had given it to Carter? That was the worst part, knowing that I had a disease and that I had given in to Carter because I was stupid and didn’t think through things.

I heard the door that led to the rooms open. A middle aged woman who looked as if she was ready to go home walked out. She glanced down at the charts that were held in her hands.

“Carter,” she called out. Carter once again squeezed my hand and then we both got up and walked over to the lady. “Are you Lizzie?” 

“Yes,” I said while nodding.

“Okay, go in the third room on your right.” Carter began to walk to the back and I followed him. We went in the room and the nurse closed the door behind us. “Whoever wants to go first, sit in the grey chair.” 

“I’ll go first,” Carter said as he let go of my hand and then sat in the chair.

“Okay, I have to ask you a few questions and these questions will remain confidential unless notified otherwise. Are you okay with her being in the room while I ask you them?” 

“Yes.”  

“Have you ever been tested before?”

“No.”

“Do you drink or smoke?”

“I drink occasionally.”

“Have you had more than one partner in the last year?”

“Yes.”

“How many?”

“Two,” he answered as his eyes focused on the floor.

“Have you been with the same sex?”

“No.”

“Have you ever used drugs?”

“No.”