Mommy and Daddy

Hitting the streets of Gotham, Lilah broke into a sprint. Sweat was running down her face and her heart was pounding in her head. But she kept running. Spending time with Jonathan had taught her self-discipline. She hadn't bothered looking for Raleigh. Ra's wouldn't hurt his own daughter and she wasn't really much use to Lilah. Turning into Crime Alley, Lilah allowed herself to slow her pace into a brisk walk, her gaze darting around at the unsuspecting homeless and drug addicts and whatever else that wandered the streets. Unaware that their lives would come to an end. But, she didn't care about them, whilst she had been running, Lilah had come up with a list. A short list of things... people she needed to see.... things that needed to be done. 

"Floyd!" Moving through the alley, she scoured the streets, searched every face that passed her. "Floyd you idiot, where are you?" She cried, turning around another corner. Feeling a hand over her mouth, Lilah surprisingly felt a wave of relief fall over her as the man spoke, 

"Right here." Floyd replied, loosening his grip. Turning to face him, Lilah smiled weakly. 

"I have something I need to tell you." She rushed, looking around at the people that moved passed them. All too worried about their own busy lives to worry about the two criminals that stood shrouded in the darkness. Looking back at him, Lilah saw that his arms were crossed over his chest and his expression was serious. 

"Firstly, how'd you escape for Ra's al Ghul?" He asked. 

"I walked out." Lilah answered, "He doesn't want to hurt me. He just wants Jonathan." he explained, "Nigma was right, he's going to destroy this place." She mused, looking around the alleyway once again. "I want you to get out of town before he does destroy it." She said with a shrug of her shoulders. 

"Since when do you look out for me?" Deadshot questioned. "And how did you know I'd even be here?" He asked. 

"The answer to the first question is shut up and to the second, Nigma told me." She answered, pulling out her phone. "I have him on speed dial. 666, I think it fits" She said lightly, "He left town last night apparently. He's in Star City, which is where you need to go. Like... right now." She said, grabbing his hand and placing the piece of paper she had written up a hundred times before and placing it in his hand. Watching as he opened it, Lilah felt her stomach turn. 

"What is this?" He asked, looking up at her from the piece of paper. 

"An address." She answered, "You need to go there and tell them you're Floyd Lawton and that I sent you. If Susan asks you to prove your identity or whatever tell her... something you know about me." She said. 

"Like the fact that you hate flowers and find them pointless?" Deadshot suggested. 

"Perfect." Lilah nodded, she could feel her heart racing. 

"Who is this Susan chick and why am I going there?" He asked. 

"Susan is my aunt and I need you to go there because... she has our daughter." Lilah forced the words from her mouth but, she couldn't stop her lips from trembling as she spoke. Silence followed the truth as it often did after it had been so hidden underneath all the lies. And even Deadshot, the World's Greatest Assassin was at a loss for words. 

"You're lying." Deadshot snapped, although he made no attempt to grab her or even move. 

"Her name is Zoe Genevieve Lawton. She has your eyes, Floyd." Lilah said. Deadshot narrowed his eyes so they looked like slits, before he slapped her across the face. Hard. It was the first time he had ever hit her and with all the lies she had fed to him over the year, she didn't hold it against him. 

"Liar!" He cried. 

"Why would I lie about something like that?" Lilah hissed back at him, ignoring that pain that radiated from her cheek. "You don't believe me? Fine." Pausing, Lilah caught something in his eye. Something she'd never noticed until then, "Or maybe you do believe me... and that's the problem." She said, "You told me that you didn't care whether you lived or died. That's why you're still in Gotham isn't it? You're hoping to die." She said. Her eyes locked onto Deadshot who leaned back against the brick wall.

"What's the use of living when you have nothing?" He asked. 

"Hmph, so that's it huh? That's why you're pissed? You can't be reckless cause now you've got something to live for." Lilah said, "And now you've got a choice, you can go be a father to our daughter, or you can die. Either way, I don't care. I did the right thing and if you die, that's on you. Not me." 

"Great. That's exactly what a child needs. Mommy's a psycho and daddy sleeps with a gun." Deadshot said, his smirk widening as he spoke. "And what's your plan, Li? Go down in a blaze of glory with Crane?" 

"I'm going to save my friend and then we'll see what happens. I am positive death isn't on the agenda though." Lilah said, "You got any ideas where I can find Christian?" 

"Wayne's party." Deadshot answered shortly, "Try not to get killed." He said, pushing past her. 

"Where are you going?" Lilah asked, turning on her heel and following him back into the alleyway. 

"You told me to get outta town." Deadshot shrugged, scrunching up the piece of paper and tossing it into the gutter "That's what I'm doing." Lilah followed him in silence. She had given him a reason to live. But, that wasn't a good enough reason for him to go and be a good father. Deadshot probably didn't think he had the right to be a father, just as she believed she hadn't the right to be a mother. but, alas... they were parents. 

"What are you gonna do about Zoe?" Lilah asked. Stopping in his tracks, Deadshot looked over his shoulder at her, 

"I'll make sure she never wants for anything." He shrugged, "What else am I suppose to do? Rock up to the place and tell her that I'm her father? That I killed her uncle and tormented her mother?" Lilah flinched,

"While you're at it, you can add that you're a mercenary who kills for money and I kill for fun. Maybe you can add something about her Uncle Eddie and Uncle Christian." She said, crossing her arms over her chest, "I never said it was perfect, Floyd. But, we are the reason she exists and I am sorry I never told you." 

"You're apologizing to me?" Deadshot questioned, "I murdered your brother and you're apologizing to me?" Giving out a short laugh, Deadshot turned to face her, "That's rich." Tilting her head, Lilah looked him up and down, 

"You did kill Mercious. Just because I'm saving your ass doesn't mean I like you. I'm saving you so that I can make the rest of your life a misery." She smiled softly, "Now, get out of here before I kill you." 

"I wouldn't have it any other way, love." Deadshot winked. With a blank, emotionless expression on her face, Lilah watched in silence as Deadshot moved away from her, disappearing into the crowd. 

Next up, Lilah goes to rescue Christian from Bruce Wayne's party! (This ties in with the movie as previously I prolonged his party)