Chapter 41 - Zunesha

Law and Killer stand in front of me in attack mode. The sea kings had surrounded the submarine and were looking at me curiously. It was as if they were playing a game of who would move first.

Since we had entered the calm belt I could hear their voices, but it was like at the end of a tunnel and now with them in front of me, it had become louder, but also overlapping and it was difficult to understand anything.

-Eriss-ya?!

-Don't pressure me, I said I didn't know how to talk to them.

-Speaking, you need to do something! - Killer complains

I take a deep breath and try to concentrate, the energy they emanated was calm but I knew that in seconds they could attack and we were at a disadvantage, I think about Zou and the legends that surround that ghost island that roams the sea of ​​the new world. The voices continue, but this time it's as if they're saying one word.

-Zou?! Zunesha?!

Suddenly it's as if the voices became clear and spoke to me, I heard everything in my mind.

"Banned for a crime. Joy Boy. Minks. Loneliness." "You awakened. Care. Power."

-I need to find the Minks.

"Danger. A new era will begin. Fog in the summer. Stay the course. Eriss Ito has awakened and learned. In service."

I feel myself getting weak and the last thing I see is falling into Law's arms.

Law POV

Even though Eriss fainted and Killer and I moved to grab her, the sea kings continued to stare at us without attacking. We submerged and left the calm belt without any hindrance. She was talking to them, probably passed out because was using a new skill. I acted out of instinct to protect her, and feeling her in my arms brought me the warmth and comfort that I only feel with her. Damn feelings that insist on appearing. I analyzed her just in case, but it brought me even more to the reality that she wasn't mine and had given herself completely to Kid, and he made sure to leave marks on her so I wouldn't forget that.

She starts to wake up and sits on the bed, I approach her and think about what to say but nothing seems right.

-How do you feel?

-Drained

I continue to stare at her, she was still pale despite having regained her senses. She massages her eyes and lets out a sigh.

-Continue the course and fog in the summer, that's what they told me.

-Riddles, that what we needed...

She agrees, but her expression becomes serious.

-A name, Zunesha who was banned. I believe it is something related to the island. We have to go back!

-Eriss-ya, you better rest. You fainted out of nowhere.

-But I need more answers. It's not now that I've made this ability awaken that I'm going to retreat just because I fainted. I have you and Killer to take care of me.

-tsc, that's you being impulsive and irresponsible. I can't leave you.

-Please Tral, I know that this time I can do it.

She starts doing her wide-eyed, puffy-cheeked expression that she knows that makes me think how cute it is.

-Okay - I let it out in a sigh - but only tomorrow!