Chapter 42 - Zou and Minks

Eris POV

-How are we supposed to climb a giant elephant? – asks Killer

-Bepo, surely you don't remember anything? – I ask

-No, sorry – he lowers his head and makes his expression sad.

-We're going to have to climb – says Law, trying to analyze the situation – We have no alternatives

-But we don't know for how long, it's crazy! – I say, already despairing

-What if you use your powers? Your sticky liquid may finally come in handy.

-So that we don't fall, yes, but make a chain pulling us, forget it, all of you are too heavy.

Even using my powers and Law's, it took us half a day to reach Zunesha's back. As soon as we arrived, before we could even identify where we were, we started to hear a bell, and a squirrel wearing a helmet landed at our feet.

-Who are you? And what business do you have in Zou?

-I'm Bepo, brother of Zepo from the Nox pirates. These are my companions. We want to talk to Pedro, I have issues to resolve from my past.

The squirrel signals his companions in the watchtower, and the metal gates slowly open.

-Follow me. I'm Musatobi.

As soon as we enter the city, we are surrounded by its habitants who quickly accept us. We ended up being welcomed with a party and lots of thanks, all thanks to Bepo who couldn't stop crying with happiness and being recognized. Killer and Law tried to keep the onlookers away, but the more they resisted, the funnier the whole situation became and I couldn't hide my laughter. The habitants acted the same way towards me and I was enjoying being so pampered, but the guardians chased me with a look as if I represented a danger, and it was making me slightly uncomfortable.

A party begins to form in the middle of the city, but the four of us are taken before Inuarashi, who ruled during the day. Law and Bepo introduce themselves, and without beating around the bush or wasting time, the captain of the heart pirates makes his request for a private meeting. Killer is surprised and looks at me, but I shrug. I knew his plans, but we also had our mission. All the time I remained more apart, analyzing the environment and trying to remain calm as I continued to feel uncomfortable with certain looks.

-What sound is this?! - I put my hands to my ears with a sharp sound that made me shiver.

Inuarashi, the musketeers, and the guardians look at me with even more suspicion. Law hurries to meet me and support me.

-Are you okay Eriss-ya?!

Before he can respond, we see a huge amount of water falling as if it were rain.

-It's Zunesha, taking a shower and providing food for us. - says Inuarashi and pulls his glasses down - How can you hear her? Who are you?

-Eris - I let out a sigh and grab the pendant of my choker - Ito from heritage, and I can hear the voices of the kings of the seas.

As soon as he hears my name, it's like he's seen a ghost and asks everyone to leave us alone.

-It is a surprise to find a living Ito descendant. Rumors are that the last descendant had died more than fifty years ago, ending up there under the protection of the road poneglyphs, and beginning the conquest of the seas by pirates. I assume you came here with a different mission.