17.The debt reverts

After talking to Xavier about my new project I also caught up with Mia. We talked for straight two hours. She was busy with Jake and this time it was serious.They both had confessed their love for each other. I teased Mia the whole time about it. During the college, one night ,she had swore that she would never fall in love. And now when I reminded her about it she didn't remember. We both knew she was joking.
There was a week left to wedding. The engagement party was in three days and then the wedding. Everything was ready.

In afternoon I found myself roaming in the backyard. Picturing  the whole wedding. People talking and laughing, the band playing, Serena walking down the aisle.
There was an unknown happiness and satisfaction within me watching her marrying the love of her life. It's like in the movies how we desperately hope for the lovers to live happily ever after.

I sat down on the grass thinking about other things being alone with myself. With the wedding preparations at full swing I didn't have time to relax. Being a maid of honor was sure a difficult job. It could suck out your strength and if you ever made a mistake then it's a whole new story. My job required a lot of field work but this one was way above. I survived day before yesterday's party and god knows how I did it. Karen  was the only consolation there but it didn't deter Glendora. So did my face to face  talk. It is amazing to see her denial but I may be wrong too. If Zylen and Glendora really liked each other, I would ensure that I wouldn't be an obstacle for them.

My phone rang and I saw a reminder flashing on the screen. I had to check the guest list with Duncan.That was totally his area. He had all the connections.

I decided to close my eyes and stayed for a while sitting and doing nothing thinking about nothing, clearing my head. Something which I didn't do very often.
That didn't last for long. As soon as I closed my eyes immediately his face flashed.

"Ugh..."

I got up shaking my head and my hands as if to get rid of it.I walked towards the villa.

Passing by Randy's room I made my way towards Duncan and Clare's room.I found their room's door ajar.I could hear three people talking.I peeked through the gap to see Duncan and Claire sitting talking very seriously. Claire looked a little a bit uneasy.

"You called me to talk about what?"

Zylen?! He was supposed to be in the office. What is he doing here with Duncan and Claire.What is he talking about? Anyway I decided to go in but the very next moment made me as still as a rock.

"We wanted to talk about you and Tiffany." Duncan said.

"Yes we wanted to know that.
how are you doing with Tiffany?" Claire asked.

"I think we are doing fine, Mrs Devon." Zylen answered.

"Oh okay good to know it's fine ." Claire smiled catching Duncan's hand
satisfied with his answer.

"Is that all Mr and Mrs Devon?"

"No that is not all." Claire said.She poked Duncan hinting him to talk.
Duncan looked awfully pale.

"Alright. Since you are the closest we will tel you this. It's sommething about Tiffany."

"And Tiffany doesn't know it" Claire added.

What were they talking about?

Duncan got up taking a deep breath. He looked at Claire.

"Go on darling." Claire patted him.
"Sit down and tell it."

He sat back taking Claire hand in his for support.

"Thirteen years ago Tiffany's  parents expired in a car accident.Their car had collided with one shipment truck.They were rushed to the hospital but they couldn't make it. Within three days they expired."