40

Hello, everyone! This is the final chapter before the epilogue.

Thank you so much for taking your time reading all the way here. Words are not enough to express my overflowing gratitude to you, my readers. It wasn't an easy journey for me—especially staying motivated and inspired, but you guys gave me the right energy and enough encouragement to keep going. Y'all are the fuel to my engine.

And because I just don't shut up, I have more to say in the author's note after the epilogue. See you there! ;)

***

[ ◉¯]

Chapter 40

Forevermore

"Got you smitten hard, sweetheart?" Sauyer's flirty and mischievous tone pulled me out from my daydream.

Napaurong ako nang sandali na para bang sinampal ako ng reyalidad, at mukhang naging halatang natulala nga ako sa kaniya dahil tumawa siya.

"Oh, damn. That confirms it, right?" He grinned as he stared into me like thousands of students weren't surrounding us.

My eyes narrowed at him. "Confirm mo mukha mo."

He snickered. "Confirmed na pogi nga."

Muntik na akong maubo sa sariling laway kaya mas lalo ko siyang sinamaan ng tingin. "Mukhang babalik ata yung lagnat ko."

"That's impossible, Elize. Magaling ako mag-alaga." He bit his lip while grinning, looking so amused with the way he was beaming at me.

Nayukot ang mukha ko.

Kung sino man ang makakita ng ekspresyon niya ngayon ay mahahalatang bading na bading siya sa akin. Sa paraan pa lang ng pagningning ng kaniyang mga mata, halatang bistado na.

"Saan ka ba galing? Bakit ngayon ka lang nakaabot?" Pag-iba ko ng topic para namang matauhan siya. Para na kasi akong manghina sa pagtitig niya.

Kaya lang hindi nagbago ang kaniyang hitsura, mukhang mas nalibang pa sa aking tanong. His pearly-white teeth flashed even more as he shifted his weight to the side.

"You were waiting for me, huh?" He guessed.

Natigilan ako nang napagtanto ang kinalabasan ng aking tanong.

Fuck. Ayan, ako ngayon ang bistado.

Umiling ako, pero mayroon nang tinatagong ngiti sa aking labi, halos matatawa na lang sa sarili. "Hindi, ah."

He rose a brow. His eyes dropped to my suppressed smile, causing his gaze to light up even more. He lifted his vision back up to mine. "Hindi? Sure?"

I shook my head again, pressing my lips together. "Concerned lang ako sa school paper dahil late ang kanilang news writer."

He stood up straight and let out a hearty laugh, threading his dark brown hair with his fingers at the same time.

"Is it that hard for you to admit that you wanted to see me, hmm?" I managed to hear his coo despite the cheers of the crowd. The first band was already performing.

I used that as a way to escape being discovered by his scrutinizing yet playful eyes.

I averted my gaze. "Kailangan ko nang kumuha ng pictures. Sampu lang kami," rason ko pa.