Chapter 089 Gagging

They rested in the mansion for a few more days, preparing to set off before the end of the month.

Last time Madam Ye wrote a letter saying that Gu Yan would give birth around mid-May. Ye Chuyan calculated that she should have given birth by now, but she didn't know whether it was a boy or a girl.

Her heart was completely filled with this matter, and she had been very kind to Pei Xiuyan these days. She just looked forward to going to Ninggu Pagoda as soon as possible.

She kept packing up the little things, wishing she could bring all the things from Jingdu that Madam Ye once liked. She also bought a lot of baby food, including everything to eat and drink.

Tomorrow is the day to set off. Pei Xiuyan has been in the study tonight and has not returned. Ye Chuyan is worried that Pei Xiuyan will be too busy and delay tomorrow's schedule, so she plans to go to the study to look for him.

Yan Qi and Bai Zhi had just got married, and Ye Chuyan forcibly ordered them to rest for a month without being in the house.

Pei Xiuyan has not assigned new guards to her yet. Only the two maids in Xiuyan Garden follow her every day to the outside of the study. Ye Chuyan asks the two maids to wait outside.

Pei Xiuyan's study is an important place, and maids and servants are generally not allowed to approach it without permission.

The guards guarding outside the courtyard naturally did not dare to stop Ye Chuyan, so she walked in like this.

Walking through the winding corridor and walking outside the study door, she heard a low conversation inside, vaguely containing the word Wu Shaozhu. Ye Chuyan couldn't help but feel worried, and quietly squatted under the study window to eavesdrop the dialogue.

"What? Is Wu Mu okay? What did you losers do?!" The one who spoke was Pei Xiuyan, a little angry!

"Young Master Wu's current skills are very different from those before. The eighteen of us who went there can only barely tie with him and won't be able to hurt him at all for a while."

"When my subordinates saw that he had been protecting the main house, they thought that someone important to him was hiding in the house, so they wanted to kidnap the people inside and threaten him. Unexpectedly, there was an eight-year-old girl inside. After the girl was kidnapped by us, she saw us forced Master Wu to cut off her right arm, and she committed suicide on the spot. "

"We didn't expect that an eight-year-old girl would be so upright and unwilling to hurt others."

"Young Master Wu saw that the girl was dead and went crazy. He did not hesitate to use up all his skills and killed all of us with red eyes. I was also stabbed with a sword at that time, but it missed my heart pulse with one finger and fainted, not really dead.”

"When I woke up, I found myself in a mass grave. I secretly went back to inquire about it and found out that the girl was Ye Wan."

"Idiot! I asked you to cripple Wu Mu's arm, but you accidentally killed Ye Wan!!"

Along with Pei Xiuyan's roar, a muffled groan came from the room. It seemed that the speaker had his knees broken by Pei Xiuyan's kick.

The man was still gritting his teeth and continuing to report.

"It was only after I inquired that I found out that Ye Wan was seeking help from Young Master Wu. Gu Yan was having a difficult delivery, and all the female members of the Ye family were accompanying Gu Yan. She wanted Young Master Wu to help find some better doctors. "

"Before Young Master Wu could go out, he noticed that our people surrounded the courtyard and secretly hid Ye Wan in the main room."

"As a result, a misunderstanding occurred due to a combination of circumstances."