|8| Ultrasound

Aniyah POV
📍Philly
6:00pm

"Take a seat here Miss...." She looks at her board before looking up again "Miss Jones. How are you today?" "I'm good, a lil nervous tho" I said as I looked around the plain grey room.

My hands were all sweaty and shi and I was a lil scared about being judged. The doctor was a pretty woman I can't lie. Lightskin, pretty face with slim figure and she was a doctor on top of that. Her family must be so proud of her.

"Miss Jones?" I snap outta my thoughts and look up at the doctor. She must've been calling my name out for a while but I ain't hear her. "O-oh I'm sorry.  Just a bit nervous that's all" I say truthfully.

"No it's ok. Can you lay down in the bed for me?" I do as I'm told and continue listen and follow her instructions. I wince at how cold the gel is "It's real cold" I blurt out. She sends me a lil smile, prolly wanting me to stfu so she can find my baby.

After a lil while, her concentrated face changes into a lil smile, letting me know she found them. "Alright, Miss Jones, here they are" she said as she turned the screen. It felt like forever watching and waiting to meet my lil bumpkin.

I finally came face to face with the screen and...."I don't know what I'm looking at" I said confused as hell. All I saw was black n white shapes.

The doctor let out a lil laugh making me nervous, I guess she could tell the way her face straightened up. " I apologise. This...is your womb and right here... that little bean shape is your baby" I smiled looking at my lil baby.

 that little bean shape is your baby" I smiled looking at my lil baby

They was small, real small but they was mine all mine. I could feel myself getting more emotional as I stared at the screen. "Would you like to hear their heartbeat?"

"Y-Yes please" I felt tears come down my eyes as I watched her turn the machine and press the button. I quickly wipe em as I turn to look at the screen properly.

'bam bam bam bam bam bam'

I feel my heart fill with joy as I closed my eyes, listening to my baby's heartbeat. I felt like I was on cloud nine right now. "It's perfect" i said looking at the doctor. I don't think I've ever heard something more beautiful even Tame Impala can't compare to this.

I gotta get better for my baby, I don't want them to grow up with an ugly mother. They don't deserve that. I know first hand how it feels to be bullied and don't wish that on anyone, let alone my flesh and blood.

"Ok" I mumbled out, I managed to zone outta my thoughts and tell the doctor to cut the sound. I gotta get back to the hotel before I get in trouble with Miss A.

"Alright then" the doctor says as she pulls out some wipes to wipe the gel off. My heart aches a lil as I watch the screen turned black with my baby disappearing along with it. I slowly get up, careful not to break the bench and turn to the doctor, waiting for her words.