Chapter Twenty Three♥

Recap: Adrianna is suffering from depression as is being forced to attend counselling, Jade is very worried about her sister and they have now developed a close relationship once again.

Jade went to Miles bonfire party and had an argument with Violet over the fact that Edward had kissed her and Violet blamed Jade for leading him on. This resulted in them having a fight and Jared dragged her away. Jade and Jared rekindled their romance even though Jade had suggested that they should just be friends. The chapter left off with Jared asking Jade on a date.

"This staying friends thing didn't really last long did it?" Adrianna smirked.

She was sat on my bed, watching as I ran around my bedroom like a hurricane as I threw various clothing items onto the bed and floor. I had finished telling Adrianna everything that had happened with Jared, although I didn't tell her his name otherwise she would undoubtedly stalk him on Facebook and make embarrassing comments whenever she could, while she watched me fail to find an outfit for our first date.

It had been a week since the bonfire party and Jared and I had spent a lot of time talking. We sat together at lunch sometimes and he had started walking me to classes, in this time we would laugh and talk about things, occasionally stealing quick kisses whenever no one was looking, we weren't exactly ready to share our relationship with the rest of the school when we didn't even know what our relationship was. He texted me last night, claiming that he had the perfect date planned, we would meet at seven and this time he would be driving, he had passed his test a few days ago.

"Where do you think he's going to take you?" Adrianna asked curiously.

I frowned, "I have no idea. He said it would be a surprise."

This was part of the reason why I was struggling to choose what to wear. What if we were going somewhere posh and I turned up in jeans and a t-shirt, or what if we were going to be doing some physical activity and I wore heels.

"I would just go for something casual but pretty." Adrianna told me as she rooted through my clothes. "Here, this top looks good on you."

She threw me a blue V-neck t-shirt. I quickly threw it over my head and paired it with a pair of jeans and a tan leather jacket. I saw Adrianna nodding in approval in the mirror as I quickly fastened on my rose gold watch and ring.

"You look good, it's nice but not too much." Adrianna complimented.

I smiled at her as I sat down in front of my dressing table. I quickly applied my usual makeup routine, making sure I didn't smudge any of my mascara.

"Let me do your eyeliner." Adrianna said, hopping up from the bed and kneeling down beside me. She took the eyeliner from my hand and careful started drawing on my eyelid.

"Not too much!" I warned.

"Don't worry, I know you couldn't pull it off like I can." She teased. She added some white eyeshadow at the corners of my eyes so that they appeared to be larger. She smiled, obviously pleased by her work.

"Thanks." I grinned. It looked good; it made my eyes look greener.

"Have you told Mum and Dad where you're going?" Adrianna asked, her face becoming impassive at the thought of our parents.

Things had been hard for the past few days. There had been so much tension in the house you could cut it with a knife, every meal was strained and I knew that Adrianna was becoming more and more isolated from my parents as they refused to acknowledge what she was going through. The only good thing about this situation was that Adrianna and I were closer than ever, she had been sleeping in my bed for the past few days; she claimed she slept better with me beside her.