Training

* Before you start reading * -

(F/N) - First Name
(L/N) - Last Name
(E/C) - Eye Color
(H/C) - Hair Color
(H/L) - Hair Length
'Italicized' - Your thoughts

*I do not own the characters from Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) I am merely writing a fan-fiction. Also, none of the digital art belongs to me.*

Hope you enjoy!

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

*Revised version*

     Dust kicks up from dark, heavy boots as they make their way through the scorched courtyard. "What's your name maggot! " The gruff, commanding voice boomed throughout the yard. "(F/N) (L/N) Sir! " I shouted back, holding my right hand, balled up in a fist, to the left side of my chest. "And why are you here?!" The balding man demanded in question "To give my life to humanity, I want to contribute to the retake of the human race, Sir! " I shouted, determination and passion plastered to my face. "You better work your ass off here, or all you'll be to the human race is a titan snack! Front face!" he turned me by my head, my (H/L) (H/C) swishing in my face.

     Throughout the next three years, I worked to the best of my ability -- physically, and mentally. Maybe it was to prove my worth to the other scouts, or... maybe even to prove to myself that I am worth something. It's hard to push the feelings of worthlessness aside when humans are so incomparable to titans.
     Although I'd done exceptional during training, I'd only managed to talk to a few people, whether it be a simple "Excuse me" in the eating quarters, or "I guess we have to train together..." While practicing hand-to-hand combat. It wasn't worth it, to become close to someone. Not when the goal was to find those already precious to me.

*Time skip, the results of training are being announced*

     'Finally, I made it. This is the day I get to know my overall strength as a trainee. '
Worriedly, I stood facing Keith Shadis. "When I call your name, step forward and face the rest of the troops! " he ordered. My knees quivered in anticipation, the palms of my hands growing even more slippery by the second.
     "Randall Carlear - 10th in the 105th trainee squad. Mona Lasley - 9th in the 105th trainee squad. Carter Brandel - 8th in the 105th trainee squad...." As Keith Shadis continued listing off the cadets. I was consumed by my thoughts, they brought me back to my days as a child.

     "Hey, Eren! Armin! " I shouted, running down the grassy hillside. Almost tripping over my own feet, I stumbled slightly, but regained my footing quickly. "Look at what I found in my attic! " I held out many shiny stones in my hands, along with a few seashells, panting from the exertion. A light red blush covered the bridge of my nose and apples of my cheeks, the sinking sun coloring the world around us. "What are those? " Mikasa asked, returning from the clear stream in which she had gone down to for a drink.
     "I have seen these in my grandpa's book." Armin stated professionally, his deep blue eyes staring down at the shells in my hands. "And these are different gems, people used to dig them out of giant mounds of stone! They are probably worth a lot." He glanced up and smiled at me, my eyes gleamed with excitement and happiness. My friends gazed down in wonder, talking about every tiny detail of the treasures.

     "(F/N) (L/N)! - 3rd in the 105th trainee squad! " Keith Shadis shouted my name with authority and I snapped back to reality. I stepped forward, taking 3rd place among the cadets. I stood in line among the others, my fist over my heart. I stood with pride in front of the dozens of cadets that stood before me, a similar light blush from that of the memory covering my nose. "Nicholas Regair - 2nd in the 105th trainee squad! And April Nekagil, 1st in the 105th trainee squad! " The top ten stood, fists wrapped over their hearts, "You ten will have the option of joining the Military Police Regiment, so take tonight to decide what you will do. We will be splitting into our Regiments tomorrow at twelve-hundred hours. Dismissed! " A chorus of cheering boomed throughout the new soldiers, all splitting up into groups to go to the eating quarters, celebrating with as much ruckus as I had heard in quite some time.
     However, I hadn't cheered. Sure I was proud of myself for getting 3rd, but different thoughts clustered in my mind. Standing in the field where many people had practiced combat, I looked up into the sky, my eyes blazing. 'I'm going to avenge those who have died, none of you will have died in vain! ' Tears brimmed my eyes as one last thought entered my mind. 'And I'll meet with you all soon, my friends.'

(Author's Note (A/N) ) Hey guys, hope you liked this chapter, feedback would be appreciated, but you don't need to do anything. Thanks for reading!