The Truth: For SageBaxter

The Truth

For SageBaxter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After HTTYD 2 (So... SPOILERS!)

You are both 21

******************

You couldn't believe your ears.

"Can you come?" Hiccup repeated.

You shook your head out of your daze and nodded. "Y- Yeah, sure."

Hiccup smiled, "Great. I guess I'll see you there!" He climbed on Toothless and flew off.

"Yeah, great," you mumbled to yourself.

You hadn't been very social since the battle with Drago a year and a half ago. You mostly kept to yourself and stayed nearby (D/N) at almost all times. What else were you supposed to do? Pretend like nothing was wrong? Well, Hiccup apparently thought so. For the last few months, he's been trying to get you to come out of your shell. He'd invite you to dinner at his place with him and his mom (and sometimes Astrid, his girlfriend), he'd invite you to flying with him and Toothless in the early hours of the morning since you were already awake, and he'd ask you to do favors and help him with stuff. All of which he refused to take no for an answer and involved interaction with him or others. Him being chief and you having a humongous crush on him didn't really help in the matter.

You hopped on (D/N) and flew off. Hiccup wanted you to help him and the gang set up the great hall for a celebration or something like that in two days. You weren't looking forward to seeing the gang but, then again, you never were.

It was like Hiccup loved to torture you. Why was he always asking for your help anyways? Anybody else could easily help. In fact, more than enough people would probably be of more help than you would be. Why was he asking for your help, again?

The rest of the day went by in a blur, but you knew the next day wouldn't. You fell into a restless slumber.

*************

You hurriedly jumped off (D/N) and raced into the great hall, nearly bumping into Tuffnut on the way in. "I'm here!" You panted. "I apologize for being late!"

Astrid rolled her eyes. "What's she doing here?" she asked, bitterly.

"She is helping us set up for the celebration," Hiccup smiled, wrapping his arm around her waist and placing a kiss on her lips. You looked away, feeling like a knife just impelled your heart.

He pulled back a few seconds later and cleared his throat. "Alright! Let's get to work! Fishlegs, Snotlout, you're in charge of food. Snotlout, listen to Fishlegs and don't hurt him."

"Yay! Do you hear that, girl?" Fishlegs asks his dragon Meatlug.

Hiccup continued, " Ruffnut, Tuffnut, you're in charge of decorations."

"Yes!" the twins cheer and bonk heads.

"Astrid and (Y/ N), you're both in charge of sweeping the floors and setting the tables. I'm going to get a few last minute supplies before helping y'all, alright?"

"Sure," Astrid smiled, brushing her bangs out of her eyes.

You gulped, nervously. You? Alone with the gang? Without Hiccup? You were dead. So, so dead.

"You alright, (N/N)?" asked Hiccup, who was smiling at you as he placed a hand on your shoulder.

You stiffened and nodded. "Y- Yes, chief."