a day without you.

by the time rick and negan came back, it was morning.

negan opened the RV door and kicked rick right out, he stepped out grabbed rick and pulled him as he walked.

once he got a few steps in front of us, he pushed rick away from him.

"here we are. let me ask you something, rick. do you even know what that little trip was about?"

it was quiet, no body said anything. negan was waiting on rick to say something.

"speak when you're spoken to."

"okay. okay.." rick said

"that trip was about the way you looked at me. i wanted to change that, i wanted you to understand. but you're still looking at me the same damn way. like i shit in your scrambled eggs, and that's not gonna work. so."

negan walked over to rick and bent down beside him

"do i give you another chance?" negan asked

"yeah. yes....yes.." rick replied

negan patted rick on the back a few times before standing up

"okay, all right! and here it is, the grand-prize game. what you do next will decide whether your crap day becomes everyone's last crap day or just another crap day. get some guns to the back of their heads," negan said

"not hers." he added pointing his bat at me

people stood behind us and pointed guns at the back of our heads like they were told to.

"good, now. level with their noses, so if you have to fire (he made a boom sound) it'll be a reallll mess." negan ordered

he turned and looked at carl. "kid. right here."

negan said pointing in front on him. "kid. now."

carl glanced at me and i looked back at him "it'll be okay.." he mouthed to me. i watched him stand up slowly and walk over to where negan wanted him.

"you a southpaw?" negan asked

"am i a what?" carl asked with a roughy tone

"you a lefty?" negan rephrased

"no." carl said moving his head to the side

negan raised his eyebrows "good."

negan grabbed carls arm and wrapped the belt around it,

"that hurt?" negan asked

"no." carl answered

"should. it's supposed to. all right. get down on the ground. kid, next to daddy. spread them wings!"

negan took carls hat and threw it over to where carl had been originally sitting. next to me, i grabbed the hat before the man who'd been behind carl could.

i was a little surprised when the man didn't try and take it back from me.

carl got to the ground and negan turned his body slightly.

"simon. you got a pen?" negan asked

"yeah." simon replied

simon took out a pin from the pocket on his shirt and he threw it to negan which he caught.

negan opened the pen and bent down, rolled up carls sleeve.

"sorry, kid. this is gonna be as cold as a warlocks ballsack. just like he was hanging his ballsack above you. and dragginggg it right across the forearm."

negan marked a spot on carls arm with the black marker.

"boom, gives you a little leverage."

"please...please don't.." rick begged