Prologue

Every night for years, it was the same dream, the same nightmare. I would dream of the night my life turned around, the night I lost a part of me. It was always the same. I sat with my parents, watching some weird movie my brothers had picked out and stuffing a handful of popcorn into my mouth. I was fifteen, the bratty sister of two popular, football jocks. My brothers, Jason and Jacob, were twins. It was amazing to see them play tricks on all the teachers and parents whenever they could. Mom, Dad, and I were the only ones who could tell the difference between them and I loved getting bribed not to snitch when they did something wrong.

"Stop hogging the popcorn, Lenabear." Jason grumbled, taking the bowl. I playfully pouted and growled at him while Jacob and he scarfed down the popcorn.

"You know you can't just push me around because you're bigger." I stuck my tongue out at them.

Jason and Jacob Jordan were tall, each pretty well over six foot tall, and stacked with muscles under their mocha colored skin. They both always wore a signature smirk, letting anybody around them know they were up to something at all times, and there was always a glint in their eyes that spoke of an easy nature. The only difference in their gaze was that Jason had our mom's deep brown eyes while Jacob had inherited our dad's hazel eyes. How people didn't notice the difference, I didn't know but they still didn't get the difference with the eyes.

Our mother, Hope Jordan, often could be seen laughing at her son's antics or scolding them with one of her signature looks. Though she was only about five-six, she never backed down from my much taller brothers and father. I loved my mom, with her un-tamable mass of natural black hair and her brown sugar skin. I was lucky that I got my complexion and height from her but everything else came from my dad, Joshua Jordan.

My father was a tall, gruff man with beautiful hazel eyes, that Jacob and I had inherited, and softly curled, dark-brown hair that I was told he used to always have a new style for. My dad had been through the Afro then the Fade, Dreads, finally my mom had stopped the hair and he was keeping with the Fade.

I hadn't been around for his crazier hairstyles but, according to my mom, they were horrible. When I was born, little Lena Jordan, my dad had settled down though. That didn't stop me from having hair like his, soft and curly if I didn't flat iron it. I loved having so many traits from my parents, though, it made us closer in my mind. We looked so much alike, everybody could tell we were family.

It was starting to get late and I could feel my eyelids drooping, mostly due to how boring I found the movie. I had lost track long ago on what the movie was even about and was determined to keep Jason and Jacob from ever choosing the movie for movie night again. I had always wondered why we didn't let them choose, I knew then.

"Alright, parental units, we're heading out." Jacob's voice sounded.

"Jason, carry your sister upstairs to her room before you go." I heard my dad order Jason through my sleep fog.

I guessed he and Jacob were going out with some of the other teenage pack members when I heard those little comments and stirred. Jason and Jacob had always been good friends with everybody they came in contact with. They were lucky enough to befriend the Alpha's son but that was in part to my father being the Beta. I loved sneaking up to see them when they were hanging with their friends, especially Jasper Carson, the Alpha's son. I had always had a little crush on him and he seemed to like me back, at least I always hoped he did.

"Aw, come on, Dad. We're already late." He groaned. Next thing I heard was him suck his teeth and I felt myself being picked up. I guess Dad gave him one of his famous looks, I thought, drifting in and out of consciousness. I felt my bed under me and Jason pulled the blanket up to my neck, kissing my forehead. "Love ya, sis." He whispered.

"Have fun, big head." I replied softly with a smile. He chuckled and tapped my forehead playfully.

"Takes one to know one, fat head." He smiled down at me. "Now go to sleep. I'll see you in the morning when you wake up."

"Tell Jasper I said, 'Hey'." I added.

"Stay away from my friend." He gave his signature warning.

"Okay, if he can stay away from me too." I poked and heard him groan. Seconds later I heard my door shut behind him and giggled before falling asleep.

The next thing I knew, there was screaming and I shot up in my bed, rushing out of my door. Outside of my room, the house looked completely ransacked. I ran all over the house, screaming for my parents and getting no answers. There was a loud scream from outside and I ran for the door, which was wide open.

I looked around for the source of the scream but couldn't see anything from where I stood just outside the front door. The Minnesota air caressed my skin as it always did but this time it was different, more sinister.

I walked, cautiously , around the house. This is so stupid, I thought, this is the moment in the horror movies that I scream at the dumb actress to go call the police. I kept moving, glancing behind me every once in a while. When I got to the side of the house, I paused listening for any signs for where to go. In the distance I heard growls and look up to see rouge wolves standing over a stack of bodies.

They stared me down, watching my every move as I attempted to step back. One of them struck out, biting my leg and dragging me towards the group. I screamed and kicked at it with the leg it hadn't grabbed. It released my leg and growled, about to strike, but a deep rumble came and they turned and ran. I saw my pack wolves run into the woods after them as cars were pulling up.

I dragged myself over to the bodies that were just a short ways away from me, struggling to see who they were. Once I was closer, I heard the voices yelling, calling out for me and my parents. I heard my brothers' voices and tried to get up, falling back down to my knees just as I got up. My body sang in pain, getting dragged didn't feel too good and I was sure the leg they had bitten was severely hurt. They came over to me, worry clear on their faces then their eyes focused behind me and I saw sadness. I slowly looked behind me, down at the bodies.

"Who are they?" I asked, my brows furrowed.

"They're the guards that protect our family. Lena, where are mom and dad?" Jacob asked urgently.

"I don't know." I whispered.

"They're gone." A voice came from behind us. The Alpha. "They've been kidnapped."

_________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Readers,

I just wanted to make a little not to make sure you guys know that every chapter, unless otherwise labeled, is in Lena's point of view. I hope you guys enjoy this. Make sure to vote, comment and share this story if you like it. Thanks guys.