Chapter 2

(A/N: Hey guys. Yesterday, our account got hacked and someone deleted this chapter of ours and reformatted it completely. When we checked the comments, we realised that this chapter had been deleted and replaced with 'Chapter 20' which was actually supposed to be 'Chapter 2'. Anyways, we had a backup and that update wasn't ours, so we deleted that part. Sorry for all the misunderstanding caused. Here we're back with our new chapter. Hope you like it. Please vote and comment. Thanks.)

-------------
(The same day, at 11 p.m. in Mumbai, India)

~~Manik's POV~~
I storm inside the house with this random chick. Okay, I'm drunk and I really don't care who she is. All I need is her body for a night. I hold her hand and take her my room. As soon as I enter, I lock the door and push her on the bed. I roll on top of her and start kissing her lips, while trying to undressing her. After minutes, we break.

Akriti: "Manik, I love you."

Manik: "I love you too." I go down to her neck and suck her skin hard. She moans in pleasure. I go back behind her ear and plant a small kiss there.

I go down and unbutton her shirt. I throw it away. I kiss her shoulders, neckline and cleavage and leave marks there. She moans loudly and I kiss her lips again. I suck her collarbone and unhook her bra. I kiss her breasts and suck them. I go hard on her and she screams.

Akriti: "Manik, slow down. Don't be so hard on me."

Manik: "Ssshhh..." I kiss her bare waist and bite it. She screams my name. I kiss her navel and plant kisses upwards, till her chin. I gently part her legs with my knees. I undress her and myself and slip the protection on. I enter her.

Akriti: "Manik!!" She screams, tugging the sheets tightly. I remember Nandini's face. I enter her again, with a lot of force. "Aaahh... Manik... Mmm... Aaahh... Stop please." I hate Nandini. She betrayed me. "Manik, please stop." She bleeds. I get scared.

Manik: "You're a virgin?"

Akriti: "Yes, and it's paining." Damn!

Manik: "Why didn't you tell me?"

Akriti: "Because I love you, Manik." I go inside her again, harsher. This is what people get for wanting to get cozy with people like me. "Manik, please." No! I'm drunk and I need to get her out of my head. She cries in pain and I come out and lay beside her. "Aaaaahhh! Manik, that hurt like shit. You were so hard."

Manik: "I am sorry, baby. I love you."

Akriti: "I love you, Manik." She hugs me and sleeps in my arms. I go into deep thought.

"It's been 10 years, Nandini... 10 bloody years... I haven't seen you even once. It's been so long since you left me and also left Mumbai. But my love for you has not changed even a bit. By the time, I started to forgive you... You went far away from me. Nandini, do you even remember me? Do you remember us? The time we spent together? Do you know how much I suffer every night? My life is completely dark now. My only hope for light is you. I love you. I want you back in my life, to shine for me, just like you always did. Where are you, my Nandu?"

I pick my phone. I start crying. I look at our pictures together in my phone gallery. I have 72 pictures of her, all which I downloaded from my old Instagram profile. It has been so so long since I've talked to her, seen her and touched her. I lay on the bed, gaze at the star stickers on the ceiling and cry. If only my Nandini would come back to me. I love her so much, and I promise to never let her go again. But will she come back? I made a mistake that I will regret forever. I am sure to die of guilt for letting her go like that.

My life has changed a little since our breakup. I live with Cabir and Navya at their place. I moved out of the Malhotra mansion. There are so many memories in that room of mine, which I can never forget. I have tried hard to get over Nandini because I don't think I can ever meet her again. But in these 10 years, things have only become worse. I have become this guy, who needs a girl in his bed almost every night. My love for her has destroyed everything around me. Nothing is beautiful in my life without her. My life is colorless now and I want her to fill the colors in my life. My life is a dark place whose light is only with my girl. Only she can light the way through my life and only she can make my life better. That night of our breakup... 15th February 2005,

I drove straight to the beach. I stood there, on the shore, at the stroke of 10, gazing at the stars. That day should have been my last day in this fucking world. I went there attempting to suicide. I closed my eyes and let the cool wind and waves hit me. Memories of the time I spent with Nandini flashed through my mind. "Nandini.." I muttered. I came out of the trance and immediately called Cabir.

*Calling Cabir*
Cabir: "Manik?"
Manik: "Bro, urgent news. Just listen to me carefully and don't interrupt."
Cabir: "Okay??"
Manik: "Cabir, I would like you to convey a message for me. If you ever meet Nandini, ever in future, please tell her that if not in this birth, in my next birth, I will be closer to her... To protect her, and to shine for her... Just like how she did for me. I will pay for all the bad things that I've done to her and I will repay for all the good she has done to me."
Cabir: "Manik, what happened to you? Why are you speaking like this? And why am I hearing the sound of waves behind you?"
Manik: "Because today is my last day in this world. I have no reason to live anymore. The most important person in my life, my Nandini... *cries* Just broke my trust. What is love without trust? She didn't believe in us, Cabir... She didn't believe in us." Cabir turned on his GPS and found Manik at the beach.
Cabir: "Manik, this is not done okay? Why are you doing this to yourself? You guys are in true love and true love never fades." Cabir took the car and drove to the beach.
Manik: "Seriously Cabir? True love? Fuck that word. True love is trust, belief. But our love was nothing. She didn't believe me. How could she think I killed Soha?" Cabir kept the conversation going to divert Manik.
Cabir: "Manik, stop this crap. Do you even know what you are talking about?"
Manik: "Cabir, I am doing the right thing. My life is nothing without her. I trusted her. She promised to shine for me. But she never thought about me. She just betrayed me."
Cabir: "Bro.." Cabir reached.
Manik: "Cabir, don't stop me. Goodbye. Take good care of Fab 5. I will miss you all. Love you, bro."
*call ends*

Cabir came from behind me and held me tightly and pulled me away from the waves.

Cabir: "Manik, have you lost it?"

Manik: "Cabir, leave me. Let me do what I want to." Abhimanyu also came along with him and they pulled me to the car and put me inside. Abhi sat in my car and Cabir sat with me in his car. They took me to my place. Outside the house:

Cabir: "Manik, go inside."

Manik: "Cabir..." Abhi pulled me out and took me inside the house with him. I went to my room and Cabir followed us.

Cabir: "I'll stay here with you tonight."

Manik: "It's fine bro. I'm okay."

Cabir: "Oh shut up. I know you better than yourself. You aren't okay. Just go to bed now."

Abhi: "Manik, we can't leave you alone after what you were thinking of doing today." I got annoyed and shouted at them.

Manik: "Guys, why don't you just get the point? I am okay now. You guys can leave."

Cabir: "Manik, shut up and sleep." I got angry and just laid on the bed. "Goodnight." They left the room.

I knew they cared a lot about me and that's why they were so concerned. But, I was mentally disturbed. I had to cry my heart out. I threw my phone against the wall in anger and pain and there went my iPhone.

Cabir and Abhi were sitting against the door, outside the room just to make sure I was okay. I have amazing friends. "Manik, never think of suiciding. At least for their sake." I rolled in bed but was unable to sleep that night. Memories of us flashed in and out my mind that night.

----------
(Please comment and vote. Also, because of the response we've received, we will be publishing this story thrice a week. Thanks for all your support. Next part will be published on Wednesday. Till then, love you all. Happy MaNan Day!)