Chapter 18: What do I do?

Hi,

How are we? Hope you enjoy this. Two updates in two days.

Vote, Comment, Follow,

Enjoy,

Chloe x

Chapter 18

         Darkness.

         Black so encompassing and encroaching that I couldn't seem to escape. It was all around and I could feel nothing. Everything was numb and to some extent I was glad for that. My mind was spinning. The sight of Marc being hurled into the tree and his unmoving form was crushing and it was that which brought me back to reality.

         A sharp piercing throbbing in my head was front and centre. The pain was intense and I heard myself groan. Even with all that pain, the memory of Marc limp and unmoving. My breathing picked up, short and ragged. The furious rage, the worry and the pain of thinking he was hurt was driving me mad.

        My eyes flickered open to be met with nothing but blurry vision. The ache in my head was a constant factor and I closed my eyes not really ready with the reality ahead. Marc. Marc. You need to find Marc and that is what brought about my determination to keep my eyes open. Opening them once again, my eyes focused.

       The room was dull and dingy with no windows and one single metal door. There was not one single piece of furniture within the room which made the room seem rather large. I was currently sprawled across the floor face down. My clothes were torn, dirty and ragged, there was clearly no care taken when they through me in here. Gingerly, I moved my hand towards my head, feeling for where I was struck and it was no surprise when I found blood on my hand.

        Heaving myself into a sitting position, I glanced around the room when my eyes finally rested on a figure in the corner of the room. Unconscious but now fully clothed. Marc! I scrambled towards him, ignoring the surge of pain from my head. He was breathing which was a good sign but still out cold.

        I cradled his face in my hand, he looked so innocent asleep. No worries or concerns on his face. His purest state. I stroked his cheek bone with my thumb praying for him to wake up.

        "Marc. Marc. Please wake up. Please," I whispered, pressing a kiss to his forehead.

        He was still unmoving and that worried me. There could be something seriously wrong with him. I visibly began to check for injuries. There was no blood, no obvious sign of injury. This only made me worry more, internal injury? That was when the thud of heavy footsteps moved down what only could be a corridor outside of our cell.

         They stopped and the creaking of a key in the door, drew my attention from Marc to the door. The idiot of an Alpha stepped through followed by two other men. I glared at them and I received a glare in return.

         "Separate them," the Alpha ordered.

          I went to hit out at one of the guards but they caught my arm and tugged me up. However, the satisfying sound when I kneed him made me smile. The annoyed huff of the Alpha did somewhat make me smirk until the other guy actually grabbed me and restrained me.

        "In here," The alpha spoke.

          My breath hitched. Who I expected to walk through the door didn't come? I was waiting for Cameron but instead a nurse entered the room and knelt next to Marc. My eyes widened in response to which the Alpha responded.