Chapter 44 After It All

Hey everyone this is the second to last chapter. The last will be the epilogue that should be up soon like two to three days. Let me warn you all now that the end is a tear jerker so grab your box of Kleenex first and enjoy this chapter

As always I'll save my thank you speech for the last chapter;)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 44

After It All

Gracie's POV

The early morning sun shined through the thin sky blue curtains and ending on the rumpled white bed where Jason and I were tangled in the soft white sheets after another memorable night. I sighed in content and glanced up at Jason as he slept after an eventful night.

A smile spread across my face I watched his chest rise and fall as he slept soundly. I was exhausted after our busy night but I couldn't sleep unlike Jason who pulled me against him in our usual sleeping position and in seconds he was snoring lightly. Propping myself up on to my elbows I let my eyes run over him in complete awe as I took in his toned sculpted chest, the largely built arms, his flat stomach with the small dusting of dark hair that I knew trailed just a bit lower, those rough manly hands that were as gentle as a feather. Than there was his face. Trailing my gaze up I his squared jaw that was covered by a light stubble making him have the edgy bad boy look I loved, his lips although thin and pink could reck havoc on a woman's senses, his perfectly sculpted nose was long and straight adding to the perfection of Jason and those eyes. His eyes that were once cold, hard ice stones that bore straight through a person with anger and hate were now a soft blue that didn't hold an ounce of that dark anger that was there nearly a year and half ago when we first met.

Cocking my head to the side I chuckled quietly to myself at my first impression of Jason. A terrifying, rude, sexy man who couldn't stop grunting in my direction but now it seems he can't stop smiling at me or kissing me every chance he had. Especially after I woke from my coma, every second he was kissing my forehead, lips, cheeks, eyes anything his mouth could reach. Recalling the difficult time nearly nine months ago my hand rose up to cup his cheek, at that time his cheeks were hallow from all the weight he lost.

Lucielle had told me how Jason skipped meals claiming he wasn't hungry, how he spent all his free time at the hospital, he stopped shaving, he stopped smiling and he didn't even talk as much but when he did Lucielle said his voice had to life in it. She said it was as if Jason had died internally. When I learned of his behavior which he neglected to mention I scolded the hard headed fool to never ever do that again no matter what happens to me. With a stubborn shake of his head he pulled into his arms as if I'd disappear.

Rubbing my thumb over his stubble cheek I resisted the urge to pull away due to the itchiness I felt when touching the small hairs. Jason whispered my name in his sleep as I let my hand trail down to his jaw. He moaned at the feathery touch causing a satisfied grin to spread across my face. Reluctantly I slid out of his arms and out of the bed completely nude. A dark blush spread over my body as I grabbed my discarded robe from last night. Wrapping the silky petal pink robe on I glanced back at the bed before heading downstairs to make some breakfast. Knowing my man he'll be hungry when he wakes up.

My man. I smiled at the thought and started the coffee maker that hummed through the silent house. Opening the fridge I pulled out the ingredients I need and placed them on the counter, grabbing a large bowl I began whipping up Jason's and Sarah's favorite breakfast strawberry stuffed French toast.

As quietly as possible I had the filling complete and already stuffed it into the bread. Greasing the hot pan I placed each piece down. Nearly done I took out a bowl for the strawberries that I already washed and cut in half.