Chapter 2

Stiles POV

I laid in bed thinking about tonight. I'm supposed to get picked up around seven and holy shit I'm nervous.  I really really hope this isn't just going to be all about sex. I mean, I won't mind sex. He's a fucking God. But, I don't want it to be the basis of our relationship.

He texted me when he got here. I wasn't supposed to go out tonight so I was sneaking out. Hell, my dad doesn't want me going out ever. Thank you panic attacks. I told him so he wouldn't knock on the door. My dad would cause a scene to embarrass me. Literally, that's the only reason. He just likes to make me miserable in front of cute boys. Then he'd send me up to my room and leave me to pout all night.

I got into his car, his gaze following my every movement. "What's my name in your phone?" He asked.

"Um..cute college guy.." I replied. "Why?" I asked.

He chuckled, "I don't know. I just was curious and it was bugging me. You do know my name though, right?" He asked.

"Yes, Derek, I know your name." I answered.

"Good." He smiled starting the car and driving off.

He pulled up to this abandoned house in the woods. I knew he used to live there but I figured after the fire he would've moved out.

"You still live here?" I asked. I remember being in the car with my dad when he got the call. I remember wanting to cry, I can't even picture what it must feel like to be in his position.

"Well, my college tuition doesn't leave much room for a nice place. I stay in my dorm during the school year but this is closer and my horny room mate isn't here." He said getting out. I took in what he said for a moment shaking from my thoughts when he opened the door for me.

"Thanks." I smiled getting out.

---

I stayed with Derek until 11:30 he decided I should go home and sleep. I laughed but agreed, I was honestly tired. Being with him tonight was like a dream. He looks so rough around the edges, like the kind of person you don't want to piss off because he'll kill you. But honestly, he's a huge sweetheart. He was constantly making sure I was okay, asking if I wanted to do something else, making sure I wasn't cold. He's perfect.

At lunch the next day Lydia didn't hesitate to bring up the subject of 'my cute college guy date' as she put it.

"We didn't do anything." I said shoving fries into my mouth.

"Wait you had a date and didn't tell me, I'm your best friend. That hurts." Scott said over dramatically.

"It's not a big deal. At least not yet so there's no point in getting all happy over something that might not even work out." I said not moving my gaze from the food in front of me.

"Can you at least amuse me and tell me what happened last night?" Lydia whined.

I rolled my eyes "We just sat outside his house and talked." I said.

"Nothing cute happened?" Lydia pouted.

"He gave me his jacket and kissed me on the cheek." I said truthfully just to stop her pouting.

"Oh my god, did you die!?" Lydia laughed.

"Oh, he definitely died. You remember his first date with Danny? He nearly threw up because they held hands!" Scott laughed. I shook my head.

"Let's not talk about my relationship with Danny. Thanks." I replied.

---

After school Scott came over. He wanted to talk to me about the whole wolf bite thing. I sat at my computer desk listening to him freak out because the bite 'healed way faster than it should've' and honestly when he showed me, he wasn't lying. He should still have the bite, it should still hurt. But it's not there.

He went home after dinner, dad's orders. Something about 'it's a school night and we both have homework to do' which is bull. I knew he only sent Scott home because my anxiety is worse than normal. He's not letting me do anything lately. He brought back my curfew and the only time I can hang out with my friends longer than a couple hours after school is on the weekends. And they have to be at my house, I can't go to their house, we have to be at my house. I appreciate the concern but it's kind of annoying and won't fix my problem.

---

Derek called me later that night, which made me super happy. He gives me butterflies and I don't know how, I haven't known him that long.

"What are you doing?" he asked.
"My best friend is convinced he's a werewolf after a joke I made so he's making me look stuff up." Derek chuckled.
"That's Scott? right?" he asked.
"Yup. He's paranoid. But I can't say much, my anxiety is normally through the roof." I replied setting my laptop to the side.
"I don't know, maybe he is a werewolf." Derek joked.
"Probably." I laughed.
"Go to bed kid." Derek said.
"I can't I'm on the phone with a constipated ass." I replied.
"You need better jokes." He chuckled.
"I could say the same to you old man." I retaliated.
"Seriously though, you should get some rest."
"I guess. Talk to you tomorrow?" I sighed.
"More than likely darling. Goodnight." I smiled feeling my face heat up, dammit Derek.
"Goodnight Der." I replied.

Shit. I'm falling for him way too hard, way too fast. This is going to be fun roller coaster ride.

What have I gotten myself into?