Chapter One: To Be Married in Three Days

Okay, quick explanation: I had a co-writer on Forever Lost since we both came up with the idea for the story. Long story short, I'm up in Mackinaw city and she's down in South Carolina and we both talked on Skype and made an executive decision to put the story on hold until we both come back. I had this ready to be posted so I decided to post it now and then I'm probably gonna be MIA for a few days, then I'll probably post a chapter and go MIA again. Long story short, you may be getting two updates a week, you could be getting two a month. It all depends on my schedule. 

When I say 'the Demon' I am referring to Ra's Al Ghul because that is what he has been called on Arrow and few other DC shows/comics I have seen/read. Also, I'm going to put birdflash picture/gif in the media. I have a feeling they do that all the time when the team is asleep. As for the song, it's The Cab's cover of Rihanna's Disturbia. Not much to do with the chapter, but I just wanted to show it to you guys! I really like this album because it takes songs I used to hate like 'Tick Tick' and turned them into one of my favorite types of music: rock! So if you like that kind of stuff, then go and check out the album.  

Anyway, Enjoy!!

^_~

"But father, must I?" A twenty two year old Richard Grayson asked his father, Bruce Wayne, the leader of the Court Of Owls. Damian Wayne sat in his seat, watching his father and older brother argue about Dick getting handed off to one Wallace West, the right hand man of Ra's Al Ghul.

"Yes, It will give us time to recover from the recent attacks the league has made and focus our forces in more import matter- such as the Joker stealing from us," Bruce replied, threading his hands together as he sat quietly in his chair. He didn't want to give his eldest son away, but Ra's Al Ghul's right hand man had to have what he wanted- and that was a lover.

"But father, I am only twenty two years of age," Richard protested, standing up and pushing his chair back. Bruce had his head in his hands and the assassin was thinking double time. He needed this truce so that he could stop worrying about the League of Assassins attacking his court. On the other hand, he did not want to marry off his son to some random assassin. He had saved him after his parents died on a tight rope trick. He spent years watching as the little bird grew into a powerful Talon, and an even more powerful leader. Now, he had to give his little bird away for the expense of protection of his Court of Owls.

"You are to be married to Wallace and that is final," Bruce said, lifting his head to look at Dick.

"Father, that hardly seems fair," Damian piped up. He refused to lose his brother and- although he doesn't admit out loud- he has grown to love him ever since he arrived to the Court a few years ago.

Bruce glared at Damian. "Stay out of this, Damian. You were not spoken to." Bruce was a proud man, and he had very high expectations- especially of his children. Damian looked at him square in the eyes. "But father-" He began.

"Enough!" Bruce exploded. "Dick is to be married in three days and that is final!" The powerful man stood up and banged his hand on the dinner table.

"Grayson's gonna to be married in three days?" A voice said from the doorway. All three men turned their heads to find Jason Todd leaning on the doorway, almost snarling. "Oh fucking joy."

"Jason," Dick warned, knowing that the black haired man was going to protest. Jason looked towards Bruce with a now blank stare. Like Damian, he didn't want Dick to be married off. Dick gave his father a kicked look.

"Are we just your Chess pieces?" Timothy Drake said as he appeared next to Jason. He had a bloody sword in his hand, signaling that he had just come back for one of his 'missions.' "You can't just marry off Dick without letting him meet the damned guy yet," Jason added. Bruce slammed his fist onto the table again.