Epilogue

EPILOGUE

"Jesse," I mumble, peeling back a cushion to look at him properly.

We're both lounged on my bed currently (fully clothed I might add- minus Jesse's shirt), and have been for the past two hours. We've been talking, and making out and basically everything has been perfect. Unfortunately, this bliss can't last forever, because we have a party to get to. School starts in a few days, and we begin senior year. To celebrate the end of summer, Rita is throwing a giant bonfire party in her back yard, starting at 2:00pm. It's currently 2:15pm and we haven't even left yet- heck, I'm not even ready to go. I look at Jesse over the corner of pillow, raising an eyebrow at him in a meaningful glare. He knows what I'm thinking about, because every time I've tried to bring it up in the past forty five minutes, he's shut me up with a kiss. He's not too keen to go, and frankly I don't blame him. The idea of leaving this bed is repulsive to me too.

"Jesse," I begin again, only to watch him groan and roll on top of me. He pushes himself onto his hands and knees above me- his face hovering over mine as he widens his eyes innocently.

"We don't have to go," Jesse reminds me, pouting his lips slightly. "I'm very comfortable here."

"I'm pretty comfortable too," I wink suggestively, glancing down at his very beautifully bare chest. Jesse grins knowingly. Really- how could I ever be expected to leave the things I love most in the world? I have my bed, I have Netflix on my TV and I have Jesse, and I'm expected to ditch two of those to go to a stupid party. "Unfortunately," I sigh, "We promised Rita. Besides, this is our time to show off our new couple relationship status. Basically all of our year is going to be there- Rita has invited every single person, plus a few juniors." I raise my eyebrows, peeking up at him.

"Fine," Jesse sighs, before finally lowering his head down to kiss me. His lips are warm, and by now familiar. That doesn't change the fact that my heart seems to explode every time we make contact though. My hands loop around his neck, before travelling slowly down his exposed muscular back. Dear God this boy is perfect. Finally, he pulls away only to place a feathery kiss on my forehead. "Come on," He teases, "We need to go to this party. Pull yourself together."

He swings himself off my bed, reaching down to pull his shirt back on. I instantly frown. "That's not fair," I whine, "You're a tease."

"Come on, you need to get changed. Will you be ready in fifteen minutes?"

I nod, and he leans over the bed to press one last light kiss on my lips, before heading to my bedroom door. I'll see him in fifteen minutes, yet it still isn't nice to watch him leave. "I love you," He calls over his shoulder as he leaves.

I relax into my bed the moment the door shuts. Things with Jesse couldn't be more perfect- we're finally together, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't the happiest I've ever been. Part of me is dying for school to start- so that I can show off the fact that he is mine, and the other part is nervous of what people will think about a nerd like me dating the captain of the swim team and all around popular boy. I guess though- it doesn't matter what they think. He loves me by some miracle, and I love him. I guess this party is a test of how people will react to our relationship- maybe that's why it's so important to me that we go.

I pull my hair up into a messy bun, and dress in a simple bikini, with denim shorts and an All Star top. I leave my make-up minimal, because if there's going to be water guns like I expect, it'll only be running down my face anyway. Thank the heavens for waterproof mascara. Everett left a while ago with Heather- and everyone I know is going to be at the party. It should be fun, and if not? Well at least we showed our faces. I'd much prefer to watch movies with him alone anyway.