Chapter one | Escape

Alexis

"I think I'm the quietest person in pack mom," I said softly as I leaned back into my mother's touch as she brushed my hair.

Sitting infront of the vanity mirror I looked at my mother's change of expression through the mirror.

She twisted her mouth into a frown and her brows furrowed.
"No you're not Lexi, you're just picky about who you be yourself around, I for one do not think you're quiet because I know the real you darling."

I was about to argue but she quickly shushed me as she began to braid my hair before bed, "do not let people's opinion define who you are sweetheart, I know what the teacher told you, she called me herself a little while before you got home, don't mind her darling,"  nodding I watched her finish the braid and as she finished she placed a kiss ontop of my head.

Groaning I turned to her with a scrunched up nose, "Gross! I'm too old for this mom," she laughed, her gorgeous laugh and put the comb down beside me on the vanity.

"You'll never be too old, now come on its bedtime, take your vitamins then bed okay?" Groaning I stood up then walked to the cabinet to take out my pills, I hated taking them but if I didn't my bones would freeze up and I wouldn't be able to move, it's happened before and I'd rather not let it happen again.

Drinking a glass of water with the two tiny tablets I was pleased to see my mother still in my room and even better, my father was there also but my smile quicky fell as I saw him because whatever he had just told my mother had her shaking so much she moved and sat down on my bed.

Dad's hazel brown eyes held mine and I could see that he was shaken too by whatever was the  news but he quickly covered it up with a smile as he bent down to greet me.

Dad was a guard on our pack's boarder, I barely saw him much at night and now as he stood there shaken I knew that he'd witnessed something terrible.

"Is everything okay Dad?" I asked bravely, I wasn't shy.

Well, not around my parents.

He shook his head and came up to me and greeted me with one of his warm hugs that I loved so much. "Nothing to worry your pretty head about sweetheart, it's bedtime however, we'll chat more for breakfast," kissing me on the forehead he ended our embrace as he said goodnight, giving one last look at my mother then walking out of the bedroom.

Turning back to my mother she had the sweetest smile on her face as she urged me to come into bed beside where she sat. I happily went forgetting the awkward moment we all had just shared.

Lying beside me now her matching blue eyes held me captive in a way that was new to me but made me curl into her as she began rubbing my back in circles for me to go to sleep, she rarely did this but I appreciated when she did.

"I'm going to tell you a story Alexis," she whispered and I nodded my head, whatever slumber coming on quickly retreating as my curiousity got the best of me.

"Its about the Vincent's," she said and I groaned shaking my head.

"Can you tell me another story please mom? I've heard enough about them for the day and it scared me, please don't." I pleaded thinking back to the embarrassing moment where I was scared to tears earlier from the story miss told us in class.

"Its something you need to know," she urged, then, she began telling me a story once again about the Vincent's.

"You mustn't be terrified of the Vincent but be cautious, this isn't old times where they were spoken of like ghost, they can appear anywhere," a shiver ran through my body fear taking over me.