My Life, My Secrets, My Story Part 57

Hey guys!!! Another Chapter!!! I'm only going to be able to upload on weekends and if I don't upload on weekends, then it means I was busy that weekend. Sorry. I really do want to finish this story but it might take longer than I thougt. Anyway here it is: 

Part 58

Alec’s POV

Basically, we’ve just put Alex’s life into the hands of two people; we don’t even know will come to her rescue. I didn’t think we had any choice. I mean, what else could we do?? I couldn’t find any other way out of this. We would just have to trust her parents.

I didn’t even think they got the message. You need a connection with the person in order to send them a message, I don’t think Andrew, Alex or Suzy had ever seen their parents, and if they had they were probably too young to even remember, so if even if she has a connections, it would be very tiny. I don’t think this will work, but Alex seems to trust her parents, so I’ll go along with her, support her.

Neither of us could go to sleep after that, so we decide to go for a walk. It was breezy that night, which made it perfect for walking in the middle of the night. Alex had stopped shaking for a while, but I knew it would return. She was dying, was the only thing I would be thinking this whole week. I couldn’t stop thinking about it. It was haunting me, killing me. I wouldn’t be able to rest until I knew she would be ok.

We were walking in the woods, at night. I know it’s not the safest thing to do, but we’re two werewolf Lifests. What could happen??...Well what could happen, that already hadn’t happened.

I reached for her hand, while we were walking, in silence. She just held my hand, saying nothing. We reached the willow tree, the one Alex came to, when she got mad and exploded.

Alex sat down, her back against the willow tree. She was at rest, knowing no one could see her. She leaned her head against the tree, closing her eyes. For some reason, willow trees seem to make her at peace.

“Why do you love willow trees so much?” I asked.

“I don’t know. They just hide me so well. I mean, if you didn’t have the connection to track me, you wouldn’t be able to find here. I like being hidden from the world.” Alex replied.

I thought about it, thought I didn’t really understand what she was saying, I went with it. It made sense to her, and that’s all that matters. I quietly sat down next to her.

She leaned her head on my shoulder, and I lightly rested my head on top of hers, careful not to put too much pressure on her shoulders. She started fidgeting a little. I took my head off of hers and she stood up.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“I don’t know. I just have the sudden urge to run and play around.” She frowned.

I smiled, knowing her problem before she did.

“You’re wolf wants out. It wants to run around play, let it free.” I told her.

“It has been a while. There’s just been so much stress these days. I’ve been pushing her to the deepest corner of my mind. I forgot I even had a wolf.” She explained.

“It happens a lot to us too. We try to act as normally as possible so no one will suspect us. Even I haven’t let my wolf out for a long time.” I admitted to her.

“How about we shift, and go for a run, to calm our wolves down?” I suggested, getting up.

She smiled. An actual smile, that was the first smile since, I don’t know how long! I instantly smiled in response. We left the willow tree and walked all the way to the meadow, which was about an hour away. We made it in half that time, because we ran there.