Chapter 102

After Meng Jinhuai left, Duan Hengye turned his attention back to the holographic screen in front of him. The holographic screen that originally only had a few words on it was now filled with densely packed data. A normal person would have a headache just by looking at it. However, Duan Hengye was different. This kind of complex data was what he worked with every day, so he would be able to detect any small abnormalities.

Although the soundproofing of the test flight hall was very good, Duan Hengye could still faintly hear the sound of metal scraping against metal coming from behind him. This was a normal phenomenon when a mecha was first activated. As the designer, Duan Hengye knew this very well.

Duan Hengye's assistant, Ye Pu, was probably the most relaxed person present. His work had not yet started, so he stood beside Duan Hengye to observe his reaction. Ye Pu saw that at the same time the sound of metal scraping against metal was heard, Duan Hengye's hand that was hovering over the virtual keyboard suddenly trembled slightly.

Although Duan Hengye's subconscious reaction only lasted for a few short seconds, Ye Pu was still sensitive enough to catch the other party's nervousness.

The test flight had officially begun, but the mecha had yet to officially leave the test flight hall. Therefore, the staff members who were patiently waiting for the data to change were also unbelievably quiet. Finally, Duan Hengye heard the faint sound of air scraping against metal. When he lifted his eyes from the holographic screen, the mecha had already appeared in front of the large floor-to-ceiling window in front of him.

This mecha that Duan Hengye named "Nan Wei" was painted black. It was now nighttime in the hemisphere where the test flight hall was located, so the mecha's huge body was perfectly hidden in the darkness. In an instant, the black mecha was illuminated by a light that came out of nowhere. This was a lighting system that was specially turned on for the test flight. It made it easier for the naked eye to track the mecha.

When they were in the manufacturing room, they didn't think much of it. But now that they saw the mech in front of them through the huge window, they once again had a new understanding of its size. In the setting of the book "Toppling the Stars", the size of the mecha was also a symbol of the pilot's strength. The larger the mech, the higher the requirement on the pilot's spiritual power.

For today's test flight, many people from the military had come. Now, after seeing the mecha in front of them, these people's hearts couldn't help but surge. Although Nan zhuxing and the research institute had deliberately tried to minimize the presence of the new mecha, as members of the military, they were already very familiar with the new top-tier mecha in front of them.

Unlike the researchers who first thought about the industry innovation, the people in Nan zhuxing first thought about the impact the mecha would have on the interstellar landscape after Nan Wei was officially put into use. For a time, although no one spoke in the entire hall, the atmosphere was not cold and cheerless.

Meng Jinhuai's mecha stopped in front of the window for a long time. Unlike the preparation room of the test flight hall, the mecha was now in the interstellar space. The environment here was very harsh. Whether it was the temperature, humidity, or the nameless rays, every one of them was a huge test for the mecha.

Therefore, before officially flying out of the hall, the mecha stopped outside. A special light was used to scan the mecha for a second time.

The moment the light red beam landed on the mecha, the photon computers of the staff in the test flight hall displayed the scanned data.

Duan Hengye was the same. He quickly scanned through the virtual model of the mech that had just been scanned. After that, he received confirmation messages from the staff in charge of monitoring different parts of the mech.