Chapter 24

I woke up to my alarm going off and Nate groaning from next to me. 

"Why the hell is your alarm going off?" He groaned and I chuckled tiredly as I sat up and turned it off before stretching my arms above my head.

"I forgot I have to get my wisdom teeth out today" I groaned, running my hands over my face.  Nate rolled over onto his back and looked up at my lightly started to scratch my back.

"Who's taking you?" He asked with his deep morning voice that I loved.  I gave him a cheesy smile and he chuckled and sat up.  

"My dad was supposed to take me but that's not happening" I chuckled, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed and going to shower quickly.  

"What time is your appointment?" Nate asked, getting up as well.

"Nine" I said and he nodded.

"Shower fast, it's almost eight fifteen" He said and I nodded.

"I can't eat so you should eat breakfast without me" I said and he nodded.  I turned and turned the shower on and stepped in and then instantly regretted it since the water was still freezing cold.  I turned the dial and stepped out of the way until it got warmer.  I quickly washed my hair and body and then stepped out and dried myself off.

I decided to wear a pair of sweatpants and on old t-shirt, taking an old sweatshirt with me in case it was cold.  I brushed my teeth and washed my face before grabbing my phone and going downstairs and into the kitchen.  Nate was dressed in a pair of khakis and a plain t-shirt, his arms crossed over is chest as he stared tiredly at the wall.

"Ready?" I asked, snapping him from his thoughts.

"Yeah" He said, nodding.  I laughed and walked with him out to his car.  "Can I stop and get a coffee?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah we have time" I said.  We went through the drive through at McDonald's before I gave him the directions to the oral surgeon. Nate found two seats while I signed in and got the forms to fill out.  When I finished them I took them to the receptionist and took my seat and waited for them to call me back.  

"You okay?" Nate asked, placing his hand on my knee to stop it from bouncing.

"A little nervous" I said, turning to look at him.

"You'll be fine, I'll be there before it starts and after.  You're in good hands, they know what they're doing" He reassured me, pressing a kiss to my temple as I nodded.

"Okay" I took a deep breath and let it out through my nose to calm down.

"Vanessa Snider" The nurse called from the doorway.  Nate and I stood up, Nate practically had to drag me through the door and back to the room. 

I took a seat in the chair and Nate stood to my left and held my hand.  He leaned down and pressed a kiss to my lips to distract me as they put an I.V. in my arm.  They put the oxygen thing into my nose which made me start to freak out more. 

"I don't want to do this" I started to shake my head, looking up at Nate before looking at the nurse with tears in my eyes.

"You're going to be fine" My doctor, Doctor Jack, said walking into the room.

"Why do I need the oxygen?" I asked as he grabbed some gloves and put them on.

"Just to help you breath since we're going to have my hands in your mouth" He said "Now take some deep breaths to calm down" He said.  I nodded and did as he said and looked up at Nate who kissed my forehead.

"I'm not going anywhere" He said and I smiled.  

"Alright, can you count backwards from ten for me?" Doctor Jack asked and I nodded.