Wattpad Original
There are 10 more free parts

Book 1: The Last She, Prologue

They said it was aliens, but I know too much about human stupidity to try and blame someone else

They said it was aliens, but I know too much about human stupidity to try and blame someone else. We brought this upon ourselves. We pushed Earth to the breaking point, and when she tore asunder only a few were left behind to wonder at our own guilt.

They sent away the women and children first, trying to save the future of humanity. But in doing so they doomed it. By the time they realized the plague killed the women, there were hardly any left.

A plague they called it, but I wonder if it was merely that. A judgement, a reckoning, an Apocalypse, Armageddon. It didn't matter what it was called because it came like a wild-fire, striking with terrible force and sparing few. Wars raged, nations fell, chaos reigned, and when it was all over I looked around me and almost could not bear the cost. All of the women are now gone. And the children.

I am the last she, and this is my story.

-Ara

***

THIS IS A PAID STORY. This means after a set of free chapters you will hit a paywall.

THE LAST SHE will be published and in bookstores December 7th, 2021! Preorder on Book Depository, Barnes and Noble, Target or Walmart https://linktr.ee/hjnelson

If you would like to find out more about me, and stay up-to-date with my writing, subscribe to my author newsletter (link in bio, on my website, or externally linked to this page). New subscribers receive a free Prologue story to The Last She, THE INEVITABLE END, as well as my TOP 10 TIPS TO WRITING SUCCESS! 

Thanks for reading! If you are new to The Last She, or come back to reread, let me know where you're reading from. :) 

Now, onward! Adventure awaits! 

-Hannah)