Chapter Twenty Six: Positively Sightless

EnderOni Loop 2

Chapter Twenty Six:

Positively Sightless 

-...-

It was disappointment. Of course they were going to return with one man missing. Ty was still upset and confused about Tyler's part in the fight. Tyler felt guilty, and kept his head down. He hadn't calmed down inside, and there wasn't a sign that he was going to calm down anytime soon. Sub just watched as Ty tried to explain what happen. He watched as Ty was about to say something about Tyler, but stopped and went on without mentioning his breakdown of tears.

"I don't feel so good." Bashur frowned, sitting down at the table.

"I can't believe it." Ant sighed."Not another death..."

"But I thought that if we worked together, we could run the beast away!" Mitch said.

"Yeah, the only reason Bodil died was because he was taken while we weren't looking." Sky said.

There was a pause in the room.

"Well..." Ant spoke up. "Maybe we aren't working together hard enough."

"What else do we do?" Brice asked.

"They did say they found an key under the chair, right?" Seto asked.

"We did. A key to the Annex." Ty replied.

"But when we looked there last time,we didn't see a key." Ant said.

"I guess whoever is keeping us here is hiding them as we speak." Tyler said, leaning against the wall.

"Which means if we want to find more,we'll have to keep going back out there." Sky said.

"He's using the weapons and keys as a bait to kill us off!" Jerome shivered.

"Unless he gives us a clear potential exit, it's just about the only thing this person is able to use as bait." Seto sighed, sitting on a stool that had been in the kitchen but was no in the room with the tables.

"That's scary." Ant gulped.

"You think he'd do something to us if we stayed in here?" Mitch asked.

Well, He'd do something to Tyler if he broke the rule and stayed in the safe room. Tyler wasn't sure if he'd do anything to the others. He'd let them starve to death, but that was it.

"I don't think he knows this place exists. Wouldn't that monster be able to just slaughter us all inhere?" Jerome asked.