Chapter 42

*Nisha Pov*

"Shh... Everything will be fine Nisha." Bhai said, rubbing my shoulders.

"No Bhai! He can't leave me like that." I said crying more.

"If you be like this, then who will console Ayesha?" He said, and I stopped crying.

"She is in the house right?" I asked him, and he nodded.

"Ask Bhabhi to let them stay there until we know something." I said, and he nodded.

"I will go and bring some coffee for us. Mom and Aunty will be here along with Uncle in a few minutes." He said and I nodded, leaning back in the chair but tears haven't stopped falling.

I got up when I heard the operating room door opening. I walked near the doctor and asked, "How is he?"

"He is no longer in danger. But..." he trailed off.

"But?" I asked him tensed.

"The attacks were on the back portion of the head. We need to put him in the observation and hope that he doesn't go into a coma." He replied.

"What?" I asked him in a shocked whisper.

"He may not too." He replied looking at me.

"When will he wake up if he goes into a coma?" I asked him gulping.

"Weeks, months or even years. Let's hope he doesn't." Saying that he walked away.

"No! This can't happen. We were supposed to be together always. He can't leave me like this." I mumbled to myself and sat back on the chair.

Bhai walked towards me and asked, "Is operation success?"

"Yes! But he may go into a coma." I replied, still in shock about that.

"Hey! Don't worry, Nisha. He may not." He said, but I can see the doubt in his eyes too.

I leaned on the chair and closed my eyes, praying that he doesn't. I just don't want that much distance again between us.

*Sudhir Pov*

I opened my eyes slowly, feeling someone brushing my hair. I smiled and glanced up to see her standing before me.

"Hey!" I mumbled with a sore throat, and she immediately made me drink a few sips of water.

"What is my name?" She asked, still brushing my hair.

"Nisha Arora." I replied, and she chuckled.

"Doctor checked you when you opened your eyes a few minutes before, and he said you are completely fine." She said, and I frowned.

"You are not that conscious at that time." She said understandingly.

I slowly moved a little and leaned on the bed looking at her. She kissed my forehead and just smiled at me.

"I can't believe you took this much time to get up from coma." She said shaking her head and walked towards the blinds to open them.

"Coma?" I asked her shocked.

"Yes! One whole year." She replied.

"I missed one year." I said in a whisper.

"Don't worry! Now you are fine, and that's all we need right." She said sitting beside me.

"How is Ayesha? And our baby?" I asked her still not believing that I had been in sleep this whole year.

"Ayesha is fine! And our baby is just seven months old." She replied.