☾Chapter 5: Nostalgia☽

[ (Y/n)'s FLASHBACK ]
1st POV (Y/n's POV)

    I don't remember much of my parents except that one memory...the day where I met them for the very first and the very last time...

    I had always lived with my aunt and uncle; they had no kids. It was lonely playing by myself as a child. I always asked my aunt where my parents were, only to be replied with, "They're overseas." My uncle would just ignore the question and change the subject.

    Until I was about eight and a half years old, that winter my aunt announced that my parents were coming to visit. Of course, any child who has never seen their real parents would be truly ecstatic.

    I waited and waited for the door to knock upon my parents' arrival...

I could see sheets of snow bundling up outside and snowflakes twinkling down from the sky.. I was worried that my parents wouldn't make it because of the snow...

Then the door knocked.

I jumped up in joy and ran to the door, opening it wide.

   There they were...my parents..

My mother had the same (h/c) hair as me with (e/c) eyes.

My father had (h/c) hair with the same (e/c) eyes as me.

   Both my parents were dressed in some kind of hunter-like clothes..

I know now they were vampire hunters..

    At that time, I ignored what they wore and hugged them both. I remember my mother's voice lullabying me to sleep that night near the fireplace. My father I remember would make silly faces to make me laugh and tell me how much they missed me and felt guilty for leaving me.

   It was in that moment I cherished both my parents' love. I thought it'd be a happily ever after and I'd live with them...

But it was that night a horde of vampires attacked the house.

    My aunt and uncle would tell me stories of vampires lurking around town, so they never really let me out of the house.

Everything happened so devastatingly fast...

    One moment I saw my mother shooting down several vampires, next moment I see her carcass bloodied and sucked dry....

    Whilst my father was stabbing away at a couple of vampires' chests with his anti-vampire sword, he was too outnumbered and was soon overwhelmed by the vampires....

     I remember their voices telling me to run.. My uncle carried me and my aunt away from the vampires. I looked back and saw a dark brown haired boy maybe 10 years old or so attacking and killing all the vampires that were left. I caught a glimpse of the boys' eyes: dark crimson with a murderous aura.

     I was curious about the boy.. but I was too traumatized from seeing my parents die from vampires to inquire.

    My uncle did find a new house to live in with my aunt and I. I was in grief. There was no funeral for my parents. I was scarred for life that night from meeting my parents and seeing them die on the same day.

[[END OF FLASHBACK]]

    (Y/n) ran all the way to the Infirmary by herself, while she clutched onto the papers she was meant to turn in to the Headmaster. The nurse there gasped, "Are you okay?"

   (Y/n) was too fatigue to explain what happened, so she showed the nurse her finger. Just when the nurse went over to inspect it, Headmaster came in and smiles, "Ah, I'll take care of (Y/n), you are dismissed."

   The nurse bows and left the Infirmary. (Y/n) looks at the Headmaster with tears streaming down her face and blurted out, "The Night Class are ALL vampires!!!!"

   Headmaster Cross nods his head solemnly, "Ahh, yes that is true... My intentions on opening this academy was to let the vampires coexist with humans in peace. It is merely a step to improving relations between humans and vampires."

   (Y/n) sobbed, "Vampires can never coexist with humans.......EVER."

   Headmaster Cross sighs, "I hope you may overcome your judgement and see pass that these vampires aren't such vile heartless creatures,"

    Soon Zero and Yuki arrived to see the Headmaster disinfecting and bandaging (Y/n)'s finger.

   (Y/n) sniffles, "Thank you, Headmaster Cross...."

    Yuki exclaims, "I'm glad you're fine (Y/n)!"

    But then her face turned serious, "Are you going to still attend Cross Academy...?"

(Y/n) calmed down, "Yes... I gave Headmaster Cross the papers...."

    "She found out about our little secret, therefore she must have her memory erased from tonight," stated a voice from the entrance of the Infirmary.

It was Kaname.

    He strode pass the glaring Zero and blushing Yuki. The Night Class president went towards (Y/n) and the Headmaster. He tucked a strand of (Y/n)'s hair behind her ear.

   (Y/n) flinched and retorted, "Have my memory erased that the Night Class are vampires?! No way! You're not going anywhere near me!"

Kaname frowned, "(Y/n)... I promise I won't hurt you in the process,"

    (Y/n) shakes her head and mumbles, "I'm sorry. I just - I just want to keep my memory... I promise I won't tell anyone about this,"

    Headmaster Cross shuffles the papers (Y/n) gave him and says, "Alright. If (Y/n) doesn't want her memory erased, then she won't have her memory erased. She seems like a good keeper of secrets. Now, Zero, go escort (Y/n) to her dorm. Kaname, I have something to discuss with you, and Yuki, resume your patrol,"

    Yuki bows and leaves. Kaname gave (Y/n) a final sad smile and began talking to the Headmaster.

(Y/n) was conflicted that she was now attending a school with vampires just on the opposite side! Zero pulled (Y/n)'s hand and scowls, "Off to your room. You've cause enough trouble tonight,"

    Once they've reached to the door of her room, Zero sighs, "Why are you so quiet? Is something bothering you?"

     (Y/n) shakily answered, "W-Well... I-I'm traumatized by vampires.... My parents were killed by vampires. I watched them die before me,"

     She was close to breaking down again. Zero knew better to not have asked. He suddenly pulled her into an embrace. "I'm...sorry..." mutters Zero, as he nuzzled his head against her head to comfort her. (Y/n) was being hugged by Zero. His strong protective arms were wrapped around the trembling girl. (Y/n) enjoyed the warmth emitting from his chest and arms.. She stopped shaking. They stayed like that for awhile. Then (Y/n) whispers, "I n-need to sleep... Thanks Zero.. for comforting me.. Goodnight.."

      She broke away from him and retreated to her room. Zero watched her leave and sighed frustratedly to himself, "When I first saw her, I felt the need to protect her at all costs.... Why do I feel this way?"

[ VOTE / COMMENT ]
Any Zero fans? Just wondering.