Chapter 15

Savannah's P.O.V

John agreed for me to have a part time job at his restaurant on Thursday and Friday nights from 6 o'clock to 10 o'clock. I was quite excited, it was my first job and it has been going great. He even will let me off work when I have to go around and help other packs.
I have been here for a total of five weeks. And it was two weeks ago since Ethan asked me on a date.
And tonight was the 'date night', as Jordan and Leo keep teasing me about. It had been decided that it would be in two weeks because we have been busy preparing to go to Moonlight Forest Pack. So we are leaving tomorrow, so we thought we would have a relaxing night before we leave.
I walked into my room to get ready. I wasn't one to dress up so I was glad that Ethan said that I should dress casually. I grabbed a red flannel top and some faded jeans and brushed my hair and teeth.
Before i had so much stepped out of my room I got pushed back into it.
"No, no what it this? This is a disaster." Jordan said.
"Your wearing this to a date? No, no that's terrible." Leo said.
They started pushing me towards the bed before going into my wardrobe to get new clothes.
Meanwhile, I was laughing on my bed as they threw things onto the floor.
"When did you two become teenage girls?" I asked, giggling.
"Like Yesterday." Jordan stated simply with a flick of his hand. Which made me continue my fit of giggles.
They finally decided on my white leather tights, a sleeveless black button up top with a collar and my fully black vans. And I must admit for two teenage guys they have good fashion choice.
"Now for make up." Leo said as they held up some make up.
"What? Why? I put on concealer to cover up the scars on my arms."
"But you need more to make you pretty."
"No I don't wear that kind of make up."
"Yes you do Leo hold her down."
"You'll never catch me alive." I yelled escaping Leo's and Jordan's grasp and running out of the room.
I picked up an umbrella and ran into the living room.
I saw Ethan and Darren talking. So I ran behind Ethan poking my umbrella out from behind him.
"Save me." I yelled.
Leo and Jordan came around the corner with the bottles of make up and Ethan and Darren burst out laughing.
"Come on sweetheart lets go." Ethan said pulling me, by the hand, out the door. I smiled slightly at his new nickname for me. He had been using it for the last two weeks and it's been nice that's he's been able to find me another nickname that's not Sav.

~~~

"So where are we going?" I asked.
"Three places." Ethan replied.
"Three?"
"Yep."
"Where are they?"
"On Earth." Ethan said.
"Oh, that narrows it down a lot at least I know it's not going to neptune."
"Ok fine, it's in the USA."
"Ok so it's not in China, helpful."
"Ha ha very funny."
"Ok where going to a fun place first, then somewhere to buy food and finally a place to eat the food."
"Cool." I said.
It was silent for a couple of minutes, but not necessarily awkward silence.
"Music?" I asked.

~~~

"And we are here." Ethan said after about 45 minutes of driving.
I looked out of the window and saw an ice rink.
"Ice skating?" I asked.
"Yes, but if you don't want to then it ok-"
"No, I love ice skating I haven't been for ages."
"8 years?"
"Yep."
"Wait, you've been before?"
"Yeah me and Darren used to ice skate as partners why?"
"Well he told me you've never been before."
"He told you that girls dig guys that speak French right?"
"Yeah."
"I wouldn't ask him for any more advice on me sweetie." I said pinching his cheek.
"Yeah I probably should have learned that by now." Ethan agreed.
"So are we going in or not." I said, not bothering to, even try, contain my excitement.

We had a great time at the ice rink. Ethan knew how to skate so we mainly mucked around, falling on our butts and did some tricks or tried to do some tricks hence us falling on our butts. We were now driving to the second destination.

"I had fun." I stated.
Ethan let out a sigh of relief.
"I'm glad at least it won't be a total disaster."
"Don't be silly it's pretty hard to stuff up a date."
"But you've never been on a date before this."
"Let's just say my sister would take out her anger on me when guys broke up with her or were jerks to her."
"Your sister doesn't sound nice."
"Oh she's pretty nice to most people, she's not actually on of those popular girl that are snobs she a down to earth girl around most people expect me or people that are mean to her."
"Your defending her?"
"Yeah she's my twin you know she's like my other half."
"Yeah I understand it was sort of like that with my brother and me."
We sat in silence as Ethan drove.
"So want to hear how to really stuff up a date."
"Sure."
"Well there was this guy his name was Sean, and he was apparently really really romantic to Bianca with roses and chocolates, and what not, but she found out that he had an ear piece in his ear with a girl telling him what to say, she found out on the fifth date. So when she found out he wanted to break up with her but she said no and that she didn't mind as long as he didn't do it again, so he invited her on another date they went to the circus she said that he didn't have his ear piece and that he was really funny and cool, completely different to before but a good different. Anyway he introduced her to another girl an ex of his then started making out with her or something. That was probably my favourite although he ruined the circus for her which is kind of sad."
"Ok I admit that would be pretty horrible for her."
"Yeah."
"Now I promise I'm not taking you to a circus to met and 'ex' of mine."
"I know."
"How do you know?"
"Have you ever dated before."
"No."
"Your answer."
"How does that answer my question? How?"
"If you haven't dated anyone before then you can't have any 'ex's."
"Oh," he said, coming to terms with logic.
"Well, we're here."
"We are?" I asked, looking out of the window.
"Yeah, have been for about five minutes."
"Oh right, I knew that."
"Sure you did, you coming slow coach?"
"Yes, yes, hold your horses." I said as I got out of the car.
"Murphy's Ice Cream and Co." Ethan presented.
"Did Darren tell you I like ice cream?" I asked.
"No, do you not like ice cream?" Ethan asked.
"I was just checking if you asked and of course I love ice cream have you not seen me, Leo and Jordan's ice cream movie marathons?"
"Oh, right, yeah." Ethan said embarrassed.
"Your cute when your embarrassed. On come on let's get some ice cream."

We walked in the door.
"Ethan how are you?" A young girl, the owner Murphy, a few years older than me, asked.
"Murphy! I'm good. How are you?"
"I'm good, but must be extra good because finally got a girl." She said excitedly.
"Hello, I'm Murphy. A friend of Ethan's. And you are?"
"I'm Savannah, lovely to meet you." I smiling.
"Murphy your my sister."
"Sister?" I asked.
"I was Nathan's fiancé when he died, so I'm not technically his sister-in-law."
"Oh, right." I mumbled.
"Anyway Murph I would love to stay and chat but I'm on a tight schedule so my usual and one cookie dough please in tubs with lids and spoons please." Ethan ordered.
"Two ice creams in tubs with lids and spoons coming right up." Murphy said.
"How did you know what favourite flavour of ice cream is?" I asked.
"The yells from the fridge when you and Leo fight over wether cookies and cream or cookie dough is the better flavour of ice cream."
"You listen to that."
"It's hard not to."
"Sorry."
"It's all fine, kinda hilarious actually."
"One cookie dough and one raspberry swirl in tubs with lids and spoons." Murphy said.
"Here's ten dollars keep the change." Ethan said.
"No, no, it's on the house." Murphy said giving Ethan back the ten dollars.
"Ok." Ethan said putting the ten dollars into the tips jars and walking away holding my hand.
"Thanks Murph." He yelled as he went out the door.
We got into the car.
"Where to next?" I asked.
"You'll see." Was all he said.

~~~

Ethan pulled up onto the side of the road.
"Come on." he said pulling my hand.
He weaved through the trees until we came to a clearing with a set of old swings in it.
We sat down on the swings and ate our ice creams, while making small talk.
After we finished Ethan asked.
"Are you ticklish?" With an evil smirk on his face.
I backed away, since we were now sitting on the grass, covering my sides.
"Maybe, why?"
"Because I want to do this." He said, starting to tickle me.
"No," I screamed. "Help. Mercy no please no." I screamed while laughing.
After, what seemed like forever, Ethan finally stopped.
We were sitting close together, and starting to lean in before I knew what was happening.

"Sorry, I don't kiss on first dates." I said pulling away a little bit.
"Are you sure about that?" Ethan asked while smirking.
"Yep." I said I gave him a peck on the cheek before standing up.
"Well I think I will change that." Ethan said standing up and walking towards me.
"Then you'll have to catch me." I said before I ran away from him. I looked behind me so I hid behind a tree. I waited a couple on minutes before sticking my head out to look for him.
"What are we looking for?" I heard behind.
I squeaked and tried to get away but he caught my waist and pinned my to the tree I hid behind.
"I caught you." He whispered in my ear.
"I guess you did."
"Do I get my kiss now?"
I only nodded slightly and Ethan closed the gap.
The kiss was sweet and gentle, and it felt like it went on forever, not that I minded.
Realising that we were human beings and needed to breathe, we broke apart, but smiling.

~~~

I walked into my room with a smile on my face. I picked up my album, I had gotten into the habit of looking at it before bed.
I stopped at one. It was me and Oliver I was eight and he was ten it was just before I left for France for the first time, I think I still had my stupid crush on him at that point, he had his arm around my shoulder. I noticed something behind the photo. I pulled it out it was a piece of paper. On it was a note.

Dear Sav and Jade

I want to say that I really, really, really, really, really like you.
In the like, like kind of way.
Darren told me you had a crush on me as well.
Maybe one day in the future we could be each other's girlfriend and boyfriend.
I love you
Oliver and Jake

The dam in my eyes suddenly broke, and my eye sight went fuzzy.
The date replayed through my head like a movie on a screen projector.
Then stopped at the kiss.
Pain entered my whole body at a sudden moment.
I did the only thing I could do.
***************************
HELLO EARTHLINGS!
Sorry for the long wait for the update... again.
So a couple of teachers thought it would be a good idea to have a test and an exam in the last week of term.
Yay,
Note the sarcasm.
Plus I have had my major piano competition coming up,
So basically I've been busy.
I also have a writers block.
So thanks for putting up with me.
And this is my first piece of writing with a kiss in it,
So sorry it's a little awkward.
And I'm only 14 so don't judge.
That's all for now.
Vote. Comment. Be a wizard.
-Fox