Chapter 51: Safe Haven

"I swear you look prettier every day." Louis smiled as I came downstairs after getting ready for the day. I wasn't wearing anything special, but Louis always made comments like that. Honestly, it was a nice thing to hear from time to time.

"Yeah well that's only cause my hair is growing back and I don't look like the walking dead anymore."

"I guess that could have something to do with it, but you're beautiful no matter what." he grabbed me by my waist and pulled me closer to his body.

"Thanks. So, what are the plans for today?" I asked him. We had gotten back to London yesterday and being as tired as we were, we decided to hold off on having fun until we'd gotten a full night's rest. Today was the perfect day, the sun was shining and a fresh blanket of snow had fallen over the city.

"Well, I was thinking we could do some Christmas shopping, since that's in like two weeks. We could go out for lunch too. Oh and we have a meeting with your doctor at four. Does that sound okay?" he asked.

"Sounds great. Are you ready to go?" I grabbed my coat from the closet and slipped it on, a beanie placed firmly on my head.

"Yeah. So, who do you need to shop for?" he asked as we walked out to the car.

"Harry, my mum, my dad even if I don't see him, the boys, your sisters, Claire, your mum, and oh yeah, you." I giggled at the last part.

"Oh yeah, me. Since not only is it Christmas, but it's also my birthday silly girl!"

"Well yes, but that means you'll have to leave me alone for a bit. I still have no idea what to get you however, so give me ideas!"

"I'll try, but you seriously don't have to get me anything."

"Yes I do. You're getting me something meaning I have to get something for you in return. It's common courtesy whether you like it or not." I sassed him.

"Oh and sense when did Miss Ashley Styles become courteous?"

"Today. Better tell the press, it's world renowned news!" we joked.

Finally we arrived at the mall we had gone to almost a year ago when we first met. Finding presents for the boys, the Tomlinson girls, and Claire was easy. Our parents and each other were the harder decisions. For one, neither Louis nor I could find anything we really wanted.

"How about this for my mum?" Louis asked me, holding up a pretty charm bracelet.

"I think that's very nice. I might get one for my mom too."

"Okay. Let's do it. Then we just have your dad, each other, and each others parents." he said and I nodded.

"Hey, what about this for your dad? I have one like it and I love it." Louis said, pointing to a nice Rolex watch. I had to admit, it was nice. But the problem was, it was a Rolex, meaning it was around 6,000 pounds.

"It's great. But I don't think I can afford it. My dad is definitely worth it, but I wouldn't be able to pay my hospital bills if I got this." I sighed.

"We could split the cost. Say it was from both of us. That way I'd actually be getting your dad something."

"Are you sure? That's still like 3,000 pounds."

"Yeah. Let's get it and show Harry who's the favorite kid of the Styles family. And who has the best boyfriend." I laughed as we walked to the front of the store and paid for the items.

After a little more shopping around, we were able to find gifts for each other's mothers. But we still hadn't gotten one another anything. We decided to split up and look for stuff on opposite ends of the mall. I just hope Louis is having better luck than me, because so far, I've found absolutely nothing. I decided to just pop in the Nike store for my own pleasure as it was my favorite store and I was having no luck with gift shopping. I walked over to the soccer area and found the most beautiful pair of cleats. My heart literally broke when I remembered that I couldn't play. But suddenly an idea popped into my head: Louis can play! I scanned the shelves until finally finding his size, which yes, I do know. I've gotten our Toms mixed up plenty of times and am always looking at the size on the bottom. I grabbed the box and took it up to the front, purchasing them with a smile on my face. Then I felt like a genius when yet another fantastic idea popped into my head: tickets for the Manchester United game, he'd love that! I just needed to go home and get the tickets, which surely I could get because of my rank in the world of soccer, even if I wasn't currently playing on a team. I walked to the middle of the mall and sat on a bench, taking out my phone and typing a text to Louis asking where he was. Right after I sent it I felt someone hovering over me. My heartbeat stopped as I turned around.