Chapter 32

Between Two Hearts

JULIANNA'S POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring, signaling the start of what I hoped would be a good day. I glanced around our shared room, seeing Nora still fast asleep while Stella and Maya were already up. As I stretched and got out of bed, the reality of the date with Jack hit me, bringing a mixture of excitement and nervousness.

After a quick shower, I went through my morning routine. Brushing my teeth, washing my face, and carefully applying a light layer of makeup. I opted for a natural look, wanting to keep things simple yet pretty. I couldn't bring myself to eat breakfast; my stomach was in knots, a combination of nerves and anticipation.

As I emerged from the bathroom, Stella and Maya were sitting on the edge of my bed, chatting animatedly. Nora had woken up and joined them.

"Morning, Jules," Stella greeted me with a wide smile. "Ready for your big date?"

"Morning," I replied, trying to sound more confident than I felt. "Yeah, I guess so. It's just... I haven't been on a date in a while."

Maya laughed. "You'll be fine. Jack seems like a great guy."

"Yeah," Nora chimed in. "And it's about time you had some fun."

I smiled, feeling a bit more at ease with their encouragement. "Thanks, guys. I just hope it goes well."

Stella clapped her hands together. "Okay, we need to find you the perfect outfit. We can't let you go out looking anything less than amazing."

We spent the next hour rummaging through my wardrobe, trying on different dresses, tops, and skirts. Stella and Maya had strong opinions, often clashing over what looked best on me.

"No, no, no. This one is too casual," Maya said, shaking her head at a simple sundress.

"Too casual? It's cute!" Stella argued.

"But she needs to look stunning, not just cute," Maya insisted.

Finally, we settled on a light blue dress that hugged my figure in all the right places. It had a sweetheart neckline and flowed gently to my knees, giving me a look that was both elegant and approachable.

"This is perfect," Stella said, satisfied. "Jack won't know what hit him."

I glanced at myself in the mirror, feeling a wave of confidence wash over me. "Thanks, guys. I really appreciate this."

With a final touch of lip gloss, I was ready to go. I grabbed my purse and headed out, my heart pounding in my chest.

When I arrived at the meeting spot, Jack was already there, looking as handsome as ever. He wore a crisp white shirt and dark jeans, his hair slightly tousled in that effortlessly attractive way.

"Hey, Julianna," he greeted me with a warm smile. "You look amazing."

"Thanks, Jack. You look great too," I replied, feeling a blush creep up my cheeks.

For a moment, as I looked at Jack, I couldn't help but see Damien Ryder's face. The memories of our time together, the passion, the heartbreak, all swirled in my mind. I shook my head slightly, trying to focus on the present.

We started our date at Fun Factory, a place filled with games, laughter, and the joyful sounds of children. Jack and I played various arcade games, challenging each other to air hockey and racing games. We snapped pictures with little kids who eagerly posed with us, their innocent smiles bringing a lightness to my heart.

As we played, I remembered a party Damien had hosted at the backyard of his mansion. Kids running around, playing games, and the memory of the hot romance we had shared that night. The intensity of our connection was undeniable, and I found myself comparing every moment with Jack to those memories with Damien.