Chapter 22

"No, you can bring Aidan's suitcase to the guest room!" my dad yelled back and I saw Aidan's face turning sad.

"It's not that bad, we still have the evening to spent together." I said but he raised his eyebrows.

"What should I make for dinner?" Eliza asked as she came walking down the stairs.

"Maybe some of those healthy tortillas, you know what I mean?" Lee said and Eliza nodded.

"I'll be on my way." she then replied and she walked away.

"Skyla, maybe you could show Aidan around in the neighbourhood. Or you could go to the park or something." my dad said and I smiled at Aidan.

"C'mon, please, let's have some fun!" I exclaimed and Aidan laughed.

"Okay, okay, fine." Aidan said and he grabbed his sunglasses.

"Yeeh, let's go." I said and I was about to walk away when my dad grabbed my arm.

"You should take a jacket, they say it'll rain in half an hour." my dad said and I hurriedly grabbed my black leather jacket.

"Okay, bye daddy." I said and I quickly kissed his cheek before walking out of the house with Aidan by my side.

"Are we going to the park?" he asked and I nodded.

"I wish Pike was here now, he would've loved to go to the park with us." I sighed and he chuckled.

"Aah, the mommy misses her baby, how cute!" Aidan said and he rubbed my arm.

"Yes, of course I miss my baby. Do you think Dean will take great care of Pike?" I asked and he nodded heavily.

"He has a dog at home, he told me, his name's Batman." Aidan said making me burst out laughing.

"Batman? That's typical Dean!" I exclaimed and Aidan laughed as he laced his fingers with mine.

"I must admit, you're the romantic one in our relationship." I said and he chuckled.

"I'm trying to, but I'm glad you say that. I've been doubting if you were noticing or liking my attention." he said and I stopped for a second, but only to hug him tight.

"I love all your attention, but I do think you spoil me a bit too much. I feel guilty for not returning the amount of attention." I said into his chest and he rubbed my back with his hand.

"Don't worry about that, I like to give you attention. You don't need to give me any attention as long as I can see you every day, I consider myself a happy boyfriend." he said and I hugged him even tighter.

"You're the best, I love you." I sighed and he let go of me.

"I love you too, I'm glad that we don't have to hide anything anymore." he said and he quickly pecked my lips.

"Let's go to the park, wanna race?" I asked and he started running.

"Babe?! You don't even know where it is?!" I yelled and he stopped running.

He quickly walked over to me, and turned his back to me.

"Get on." he said shortly and I immediately jumped on his back.

"Where do we go now?" he asked and I pointed to the right.

"Was your mom really right? Am I too skinny?" I asked and he sighed.

"Were you really bothered by that? You're not too skinny, you're just perfect. In my family we have more strong build women. But I think you're perfect, does their opinion really bother you?" he asked and I shortly nodded.

"Of course it matters to me, if we ever get married they will be my second parents. Should I gain more weight?" I said making Aidan sigh again.

"Skyla, can you promise you won't listen to other's opinion. I don't want you to change yourself, I love you just the way you are." Aidan said and we both noticed the crowded park in the distance.

"But please be honest with me, am I too skinny?" I asked and he put me on the ground again.

"Baby, I love you. Don't change yourself, you're perfect to me!" he said and he held me by my shoulders.

"I just don't know, I want you parents to like me so bad. I just feel the need to do whatever they say, do you understand?" I said and he hugged me again.

"If my parents wouldn't like you, screw them then, I love you! And my love is the only thing that really matters!" he exclaimed and he roughly cupped my cheeks, he kissed me. I loved it.

I carefully placed my hands on his chest, and he put one of his hands on my back to pull me closer.

"Excuse me?" a small and little voice said making me and Aidan seperate from eachother.

There was a little girl with tears all over her cheeks, and she was pulling Aidan's jacket.

"I lost my mommy, can you help me find her?" she asked and I quickly looked at Aidan before kneeling down in front of her.

"Where did you see her for the last time?" I asked and she started crying really hard.

"Ah, darling it's gonna be okay." Aidan said as he also kneeled down in front of her.

"We were in the park, and she told me she was getting ice cream but she never came back." she said sniffing, and I gently picked her up.

"Don't worry, we'll help you go find her." I said as I placed her on my hip.

We then walked to the park, but there weren't many people left, it was already 17:15, it was almost dinner time.

"Hey, what's your name?" Aidan asked as he poked her small nose.

"Allison, what are your names?" she asked and I smiled at her.

"Well, I'm Skyla. And that is my boyfriend Aidan." I said and she giggled.

"We can play until we find your mommy." Aidan said and we walked towards the play-areas.

"We are waiting here, if you need anything just ask." Aidan said and we walked over to the swings.

We both sat down on a swing, while we were both looking at Allison.

"Do you think we will find her mother?" Aidan asked and I sighed.

"I think her mother left her for adoption, she's practically homeless." I said and I looked at the little girl going down a slide.