Chapter 7

(A/N: Hey everyone. Your wait has finally come to an end. Here is the next chapter for you all. It is pretty long. Hope you like it. Please vote and comment. We really need your support. Thanks again. Love you all.)

-------------
~~Nandini's POV~~
We go back to sleep. We were so tired after all that travelling. But we had to go to the school today. I wake up at 6:30 because of the alarm. I get up from bed and find Aryamann sleeping on the floor with a comforter. He is very helpful and accommodative. I replace myself with a pillow, which both my kids tug onto. I quickly freshen up as today is going to be Naman's and Nidhi's first day at school. They have joined school late and since they are just in 4th grade, the teachers said they can pick up with the syllabus quickly. Also, today is 'Raksha Bandhan' and so all the parents are invited. I decide to take Aryamann along.

I have a quick shower and come out dressed in a red and golden saree with a backless blouse. Manik loves red. I quickly chuck that thought. I wake my kids up and make them have a bath. I help Naman wear a kurta and Nidhi wear a reddish-pink lehenga with golden blouse. I take them downstairs. Chacha and Chachi are doing pooja. Rishabh is standing there, next to them and smiling at me. They all are leaving to Mangalore this afternoon to meet Amms, who is ill. Amms still hasn't accepted me and so, I can't go meet her. Chacha, Chachi and Rishabh are going to meet her and stay with her for about 1 month. I stand next to them and join my hands and pray. My kids look at me and follow. After the pooja, Chachi realizes that we are there too.

Chachi: "Haay, tum sab uth gaye? Aur bacchhe tayyar bhi ho gaye? Vah! Nidhi, tie Rakhi to Naman and Naman, give Nidhi your blessing." My kids follow whatever Chachi says. They feed each other sweets. "Aao, nashta kha lo. Nandu, Aryamann kahan hai?"

Nandini: "Voh so raha hai. Mein jaake usse uthathi hun."

Naman: "Mom, you sit here. I will go." He goes to the room while I sit and have my breakfast.

Chachi: "Nandu, voh bilkul Manik ki tarah hai. Manik bhi bahut possessive hai na?" I nod and avoid eye contact.

Nidhi: "Mom, Manik kaun hai? You always keep talking about him." I start coughing. I drink some water and speak.

Nandini: "Manik is my college friend baby. Tum nashta khao, late ho raha hai." Chachi makes an apolozising face and I accept it.

Chachi: "Aur Nidhi beta, in India, it would be better if you call Nandini as Amma instead of Mom. It sounds sweet na?" Nidhi nods and I pat her head gently. Naman comes down with Aryamann.

Naman: "Mom, here we are."

Aryamann: "Good morning everyone." Aryamann takes a seat next to me.

Naman: "Aryamann, that's my seat. Can you sit there?" He nods and sits. Naman sits and holds my hand. "Mom, you need to come to school with us today. It is Raksha Bandhan today and we don't know anyone apart from you." I smile and nod in agreement.

Chachi: "Naman, tum bhi. Call her Amma na?" Naman makes a grumpy face.

Naman: "I'll try." I smirk. He won't change for anyone.

We all have our breakfast. Naman, being the lazy one, asks me to feed him. After breakfast, I take Rishabh's car. Aryamann comes and I take him along with me to the party.

In the party, I see all the parents roaming around with plates of food. Naman sees food and starts drooling. Yeh ladka bhi na? He loves food. Just then, I see 2 familiar faces. One looks like Cabir and the other looks like Navya. They are trying to help a child mingle with the others, probably a 9-year old. No! It's actually them. It's Cabir and Navya. My college friends. I get very excited and almost shout their names, when I remember Manik. They must be in contact with him. It's better I leave. In these 10 years, I have undergone enough pain. I can't take it anymore. I plan to leave but my kids stop me. I make Aryamann sit beside me and I hide myself from them. Just then, Naman goes to the kid and socializes with her. They both walk hand in hand and Cabir looks happy.
~~POV ends~~