[26]: guns

Turns out that Sophia had been chased into the woods by some walkers. Rick had gone after her. Apparently he had told her to stay in a certain place or come back to the highway. When he came back without her, it was obvious that she was lost in the woods. Just like what had happened to me. And I hoped she ended up like me; being found.

Daryl, Shane, and Glenn had joined Rick in the search for her. But Glenn and Shane had come back after a while, saying that Daryl and Rick were still out there looking for her.

I wasn't surprised that Daryl was still out there, being the great tracker that he is. I had seen him shoot a rabbit so fast before, then walking over to it and throwing it at me, I didn't know what was happening and nearly screamed.

Whereas I could hardly track down my keys before shit hit the fan. I don't think I could track something that wasn't moving in a square room.

I knew I could never get on Daryl's level. Whatever "level" that was.

I was rummaging through more cars, coughing left and right at the constant stench of what was only like rotten fruit and meat. I had found mostly clothes which was convenient, since now I had changed into some fresh clothes. I also found loads of packets of nuts. And I don't mean just a few, I mean like it looked like this person wanted to kill a lot of allergic people.

I brushed one of my strawberry blonde locks of hair that fell from my hat. It was getting incredibly long, and becoming an inconvenience. I didn't have the heart to cut it though.

I scrunched my eyebrows in frustration. The car only had those few things in it. I piled them on the little place we made beside the RV for all our supplies. I turned and walked back, going to my next car.

I was hoping to find a weapon of some sort.

Just as I thought of that, I opened another car. Inside was a corpse, much like the other ones. I then noticed the corpse had a badge around his neck on a chain. Like the ones you see detectives wear. I then spotted something under the flap of his jacket.

I lifted his jacket, and found a thick black gun. It was strapped to one of those chest/rib holsters. The ones that you put on like a little jacket.

It took some shifting, and some control to not throw up at the smell, but eventually I got it off. I could hear its bones crackle and his skin squelch as I moved him around. But compared to any other walker, he was actually quite "clean". It was revealed to have two guns, not just one. One, shiny and black. The other looking like it had been white before, but seemed to have faded to a chipped-paint like look. But both clean like they were just bought.

Looking down at my chest, I had a button up on. The kind of ones you saw a Winchester wear.

'I can get away with it', I thought.

Looking around, I unbuttoned my shirt, to swiftly strap the holster around myself. I hoped Carl or Glenn weren't around. I'd have hated it if they popped out of nowhere and saw me in just a bra. Poor Carl's soul would jump out of his skin. I wasn't sure how Glenn would react.

The guns were heavy, and the leather dug into my skin. I put my shirt back on, and it looked like I had no gun at all.

'This could either be a great idea, or an extremely terrible idea', I thought.

But I decided to stick to it. Adamant to be tough. But I was still no Lara Croft.

I looked up to the sky, seeing it had turned a dusty orange colour. It was getting dark, and I had yet to see Sophia run back into her mother's arms.

Poor Carol was stuck in a nightmare, surely already being in a nightmare as well.

I walked over to the pile of supplies, carrying a bunch of maybe useful things in my arms. It seemed that my attempts to be somewhat of a hero came in the form of finding some trendy pink water, and hiding some guns under my shirt. Being good at things was hard.