False Light

Wanda's mind was foggy. Every time she made a coherent thought, it would fall away before she could grasp it. Full strings of thoughts could not be formed in her mind properly. Using her powers required a sharp mind, something she didn't posses at the time.

She briefly thought of Pietro at times, or her foolishness, but she couldn't dwell on it for long.

They kept her in some blank grey cell where nothing was interesting, let alone escapable.

Every once in a while guards in a black uniform came by and placed a bland meal in her cell. Why had she thought she could just charge in and everything would be alright?

Wanda looked at her food in disdain, but moved to eat anyways. She wanted to think of seeing her brother again, but it was such a hopeless thought for a situation like hers.

Why couldn't she have just listened to Steve?

-

At first Nadia's father did not say a word, instead he stood there gaping at her then looking suspiciously at her friends.

"Say something!" she said anxiously.

"Why wouldn't you answer our calls, or at least try to talk to us?"

"Look, dad, the position you and mom put me in was too much and I left. You guys never treated me the same since the incident," she explained.

Pietro and Roman shared a look, but kept silent. They both felt as if they were invading a very private conversation.

"Wait, how did you get here Nadia? Why are you soaked?" Her father asked.

"Just please let us inside and I'll explain everything. I promise," she said, trying to hide the fact that she was shaking.

Her father relented, opening the door to let the three of them in. Nadia was glad that her father still had enough trust in her to allow to strange men in his house.

"Where's mom?" Nadia asked, noticing that her mother was not in the living room or kitchen.

"She's in the study, I'll go get her. I think you three should wait to sit down though," he stated, aware their pants were wet.

As Nadia's father left upstairs to get his wife, Pietro sent Nadia a questioning look. He knew that Nadia's past was her own to keep secret, yet he found himself more curious than ever to find out more about her. All he knew was that they weren't close and her brother wasn't around.

Nadia simply averted from looking at Pietro. If it were her choice, they would not be at her parent's right then, but there was nowhere else to go.

"Is this where you grew up?" Roman asked while looking at a family photo.

She nodded. Pietro walked over to take a look at the photograph as well. They were all smiling, even the boy Pietro assumed as Nadia's brother. They were the picture perfect family, what the hell happened?

Nadia's mother and father came down the steps rather quickly. "Nadia, you came home!" Her mother said excitedly.

Nadia wore an expression of confusion, apparently not expecting the reaction she got. "We had no other place to go," she explained.

Her mother took a look at Roman and Pietro who were standing in the room awkwardly trying to stay out of the conversation. "Who are these two men you brought with you, Nadia?"

She looked nervously to the two of them, it had been years since she had last seen her parents. The incidents with the Avengers had happened during that time, so she didn't know how her parents felt about the situation.