Chapter 15: Mi Princesita

XV. 

"Get up— Lauren, get up."

"It's still early..."

"Laurennn!" Camila whined, propping herself up on her knees and shaking Lauren on the shoulder. "Come on, you gotta get up!"

"Cameeeela." The girl groaned. "I worked really late last night."

"Please Lauren?" Camila pressed whatever weight she could down on Lauren's body. When she received no further response, the girl put on the saddest pout she could, and twisted her body around her girlfriend's so she was looking at her sleeping face head on.

"Lern Jergi." Her voice turned firm, yet retained its natural playfulness. "You promised."

Lauren cracked one eye open, then shut it quickly when she realized how weak she was to that look. "Why you gotta call me that?" She sighed as her lips curled into an involuntary smile.

"It's cute." Camila laughed while continuing to shake the living daylights out of the girl. "Up. Now."

"Alright." Lauren shifted slightly.

"Now."

"Alright."

"Nowwww."

"ALRIGHT."

Lauren sat up, rubbing her eyes and swatting Camila away. "Go get everything ready, I'll be up in a minute."

"Ok." Camila bounced off the bed and hurried upstairs, while Lauren turned and collapsed back into the fluff of her covers with a happy sigh.

"Sit." Camila commanded, waiting until Riley teetered on her paws for a moment before planting herself down obediently at Camila's feet. Her face had become more defined, the large black patch that covered the middle of her face and snout brought out the light brown in her eyes. Ears twitching, the ever-growing puppy panted with excitement as her owner filled a plastic bowl to the top with dry food and set it down by the oven. "There you go, you little troublemaker."

Camila then went to work, pulling a frying pan out from the bottom cupboard, setting it down on the stove, and flicking on the heat.

Emerging from the downstairs, Lauren crept up behind Camila with a grin. The girl's hair was pulled up in a half up- half down fashion, held together at the back with a small white bow. She was dressed in a backless tank top, baggy, and hanging loose off her slender frame. Lauren watched the drops of oil hop within the pan, winding one arm around Camila's hips. She then brought the other around, waiting until Camila caught notice of the item in her hand. "Happy Valentine's Day Camz."

"Thank you baby, I'm-... wait, what is that? The brunette stopped for a moment, looking down at what Lauren was holding up before her. "Oh my god."

"Just a white rose."

The flower was just short of a forearms length, picked free of thorns, and held as a unit by a smooth green stem. The bloom of the flower was comprised of a series of white layered petals, concentric and curled in an elegant pattern. Camila looked up into a pair of enamoured green eyes. "It's the middle of winter, how the hell did you get this?"

"Hey, you have your secrets, I have mine." Lauren grinned waiting until Camila took the flower to reach around her and put a lid on the frying pan.

"But I thought we agreed no gifts." Camila protested softly, still taken aback by how much beauty could be contained in a single flower. "This is so beautiful."

"It's barely a gift Camz." Lauren chuckled. She knew Camila was going to give her slack for this, and was all prepared for how she was going to reply. "It's just a flower."