Chapter 75

Bethany's POV

When you wake up in a hospital, everything around you doesn't seem right. The lights seem brighter, your vision seems fuzzier and everything smells so chemically. You don't feel like you're at ease. All your senses and nerves are heightened because you realize something happened that was bad enough to admit you into a hospital.

I woke up, seeing a doctor talking to none other than Harry Styles in the corner of my room. I had a room to myself, and it was bigger than what I expected a hospital room to be. I even had a view of the city. I'm pretty sure they gave me a VIP room.

Harry was running a hand through his hair as he talked to the doctor. I couldn't see their faces, only their backs. I could tell Harry was worried, even frustrated. You could see it in his posture and the way he stood.

His black jeans clung to his legs and his jacket was thrown on the chair next to my bed. The doctor was a man with dark blonde hair, almost brown. He stood in his lab coat and what looked like scrubs with a stethoscope around his neck. It was still dark outside, but I didn't know what time it was.

"Harry?" My voice sounds like a frog, and I have to literally stop myself from laughing at how bad I sound.

Both sets of eyes snap over towards me, staring at me in shock. The doctor walked calmly towards me, but Harry was practically sprinting. His hand was wrapped tightly around mine as he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine.

"Welcome back, Ms. Smith." The doctor says happily.

"Call me, Bethany. Ms. Smith makes me sound old." I give him a small smile, watching him nod his head in assurance.

"Well, you fainted. We gave you some fluids to help hydrate you. We're just going to check your vitals and if everything is okay, you should be on your way." He talks to me as he looks through some papers he had set on a clip board.

"Sounds good to me."

Harry holds my hand as they check through everything. My blood pressure, temperature and pulse were fine. Now we were just waiting for some blood tests to come back. Harry never left my side, and it seemed to cause quite a bit of chaos for the nurses that were helping because they couldn't get around him. He refused to move, saying it was important he stayed with me.

Everyone had left the room except Harry and the Doctor, and the results of the blood tests were in the doctors hands.

"Now, Bethany, I'd like to speak to you alone if that's okay." He looks between Harry and I. Harry opens his mouth, and I'm sure he's about to refuse. So, I throw my hand over his mouth.

"That'll be fine." I smile up at the doctor, who's name seems to be Dr. Hart. "Harry, just go stand outside the door. I'll be fine."

I can see worry in his eyes, something I hated to see. I moved my hand away from his mouth, and as soon as I do, I watch him clench his jaw.

"Beth-" he starts but I cut him off.

"Go. I'll be fine." I use my stern voice- the voice I use when I'm talking to business men that think they have authority over me.

His lips snap shut and his eyes go wide. I may have passed out and I may have just woken up 5 minutes ago, but I'm not letting a man run my life anymore.

He stands up without another word and saunters out of the room. A frustrated hand runs through his hair harshly and he avoids all eye contact as he walks out of the room and slams the door shut. I feel my eyes shut in frustration as well. It's always a scene with him when he doesn't get what he wants.

"I'm sorry, he's not usually like this." I apologize, running a hand down my face.

"It's alright. He's just worried." Dr. Hart tells me.