chapter 22

negan cleared his throat and turned to rick, putting his serious face back on

negan took the gun from rick's hand and sighed,

"you know, rick. this whole thing reminds me that you have a lot of guns. theres all the guns you took from my outpost when you wasted all my people with a shit-ton of your own guns, and i'm bettin' there's even more. which adds up to an absolute as load of guns. and as this little emotional outburst just made crystal clear i can't allow that."

rick turned his head to look at carl and i , he looked at me like id raised the gun myself.

he turned his head back to negan and negans face lifted up as he smiled at rick.

"they're all mine now. so tell me, rick. where are my guns?"

-————

we followed behind negan and rick as introduced, rick didn't want carl or i causing anymore trouble.

the garage door opened and the women who marked up the food and guns stood waiting for us.

(just remembered her name was olivia, Also, i forgot i mention. my keyboard doesn't make the first letter of any sentence capital, so sorry if that throws you off while reading 😢)

"i...figured you were coming." olivia said,

"show him where the guns are, olivia." rick stated

"the armory's inside." olivia replied,

she turned around and started walking, we all followed behind her,

"you run the show in here?" negan asked

olivia stopped walking and turned around, "i....i just keep track of it all, the rations, the guns."

"good, smart. don't let me stop you. take her out, boys. show 'em the goods." negan replied

some of negans men walked behind olivia and she led them.

after a moment, they were gone.

"wait, wait, wait. while they're at it. i just want to point out to you that i'm not taking a scrap of your food. slim pickins in here. and i can't be the only one to notice you got a fat lady in charge of keeping track of rations, can i? either way, you starve to death, i don't give a shit, so for now, you get to keep all the food. how bout that?"

"what do you want me to say?" rick asked

"i don't know, rick. how about about a thank you. you think that might be in order? or is that too much to ask?!"

a little much coming from the guy who's ordering us around and probably plans to kill more of us.

"i know we started off on the wrong foot, but what can i say? you forced my hand, rick. but it's like i've been trying to tell you. i'm a very reasonable man as long as you cooperate, so let me ask you a question, rick. are you cooperating?"

"what's it look like," rick asked

"oh?" negan said giving a small chuckle. "i know what it looks like. but what i really want to know is if we're gonna find all the guns back there. or if maybe you got a few just to waitin for their moment. just like my lucille." negan stated, he was close to ricks face.

rick tilted his head to the right side before he replied to what negan had to say

"they're all in there, to the best of my knowledge." rick said

negan kind of flicked his head to the side, probably mocking rick for the way he moved his head.

negan gave some sort of growl..? "i am countin' on that, rick."

he turned around and started walking towards the armory. i was kinda just standing there awkwardly.

carl looked pissed, like he wanted to rip negans head off.

🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧

"you know what today is, rick? today is a banner day. yes, it is, i think this little arrangement we have is gonna work out just fine. hold uppp!" negan said,

daryl stopped as negan told him to and he took a gun off the stack. after that daryl started moving again.

"let's see if you've been taking care of my guns." negan gave a smile, cocked the gun at daryl, which daryl ignored and kept walking.

negan lifted the gun to a window and shot off a round, which admittedly made me jump. i'd been expecting him to shoot, of course.

the glass shattered and rick turner's his head to look at where negan had shot at.

negan chuckled and took a deep breath as rick turned to face him.

"feels good. sounds good! oh, i do believe lucille's gettin a little jealous."

🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧

word count :1097