Explinations

Elena's pov

It felt good being in Damons arms. I felt safe. Secure. Protected. He had told his brother and sister and his brothers mate that I needed to talk to them. I was dreading this. I don't want them to hate me. I don't want Damon to hate me.

Damon let go of me and I didn't feel safe anymore. I didn't feel secure or protected anymore.

"Hi. I...I'm Elena" I knew I sounded nervous, i could hear it. I could feel it.

"Hi Elena. I'm Jake. Damon's brother" he held out his hand towards me and I took it in mine. We shook hands. They all sat down. Jake and Jordan sat on one sofa. Lindsay sat on the armchair by the window and Damon sat on the other couch and gently pulled me next to him.

"Elena, what did you want to tell us?" I looked at Damon and smiled at him.

"I'm not...I'm not human. At least not all of me is" Damon grabbed my hand and his thumb stroked the back of my hand.

"My mother is half human and half angel and my father is half human and half w...witch"

"So you're half angel, a quarter witch and a quarter human." I turned towards Jake.

"Yes, that's what my father told me" I looked at Damon who still had hold of my hand "You don't hate me do you?"

Damon chuckled "No. I don't hate you Elena. I could never hate you"

Damon's pov

"You don't hate me do you?" I chuckled at her question. Why would she think that?

"No. I don't hate you Elena. I could never hate you"

"Damon. Will Elena be staying in the guest room or your room?"

"Wherever she wants. If she wants to stay in the guest room the she can. If she wants to stay in my room with me then she can. Elena, where would you like to stay?"

"I think I'll stay with you Damon. If that's okay with you"

"Thats fine Elena. Come on I'll show you around." I took her hand in mine and showed her around the house.

"Wow. This place is amazing"

"Come on let's get your stuff and take it up to my room."

"Okay" I grabbed her bag and we walked upstairs into my bedroom.

"Here we are. Make yourself comfortable."

"Wow this is like twice the size of my room. I'm gonna go get ready for bed could you pass my bag?"

"Sure here."

"Thank you"

Elena's pov

I walked into the bathroom. It was beautiful. Pure white tiles covered the floor the walls were a pale blue and the bath, sink and the toilet were marble.

I put my bag on the floor and started to look through it for my pjs.

"Damn it"

"Elena? Everything okay" I got up and opened the door to see Damon stood there looking at me.

"I forgot my pjs. Do you think Lindsay will lend me some of hers?"

"Ive got something better. Wait here"

"Er okay."

I watched him walk over to his closet and open the doors. He pulled out a pair of track suit bottoms and one of his shirts. He walked back over to the bathroom door and handed the clothes to me.

"Thank you"

"No problem" I shut the door and got ready.