Chapter 12

It felt like forever before Ward came back. Ward was right. The pain from the toxin was unbearable. He walked up to me and ripped the masking tape of my mouth.

"So. You want to tell me why you survived?" He asked me.

"Never." I replied.

"Very well then." He said, sticking another needle in my finger. "There's this new capsule that HYDRA has produced. It's inserted through the nose. When programmed, it can make the person go into a state of pain. In the old models, you couldn't turn it on or off or control the level of pain. This one you can. Also in the old one, it was like a bomb. The part of the brain the capsule went to would explode causing the subject to die." He explained. "The only thing is. When inserting this capsule, you will die." He said, inserting the capsule. I felt a shock in my chest when I woke up again.

"The pain level will get higher and higher when I turn this button." He said to me. He pushed a button. I felt a throb in my head. It wasn't that strong, but it was there.

"Now you'll have that and the pain of the needles to worry about." He said, increasing the pain level. I closed my eyes, trying not to think about it. I opened my eyes because the pain had stopped. I saw Fitz. It looked as if he was almost crying from seeing me in so much pain.

"You know. I think the needles aren't needed anymore." He said, pulling them out. He untied me. As soon as he did, I punched him.

"You son of a b***h for brining Fitz here! You know he's still different! You know he'll never be fully heeled!" I shouted at him. He pushed a remote in his hand. I felt the throbbing in my head but it felt ten times stronger than last time. I immediately fell to the ground in pain because it was so strong.

Ward got up and said, "You thought you could outdo me? You were wrong." He said, kicking me in the gut, making me rollover. He left me on the floor in pain and dragged Fitz back to his cell.