Photographer! Marco X Model!Reader Stereotypical-Stereotype.

-AN-
Not much to say, other than this fanfic was inspired by the picture above! Hehe! Also, I'm sorry I haven't updated very quickly. But I've only recently found out I've got an anxiety condition. On top of that, me and boyfriend came to an ugly end and-... Tch, I don't even know. I guess I've needed a few days to get my shit together? Gomene, guys.

Modern AU.

Song: ???? I'ma say 'Lips are moving'. Simply because I'm listening to it, and I guess the whole 'lie' theme of the song kinda fits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marco Phoenix slowly pulled into the parcking-lot for his apartment complex. It had been a long day, and he was tired. This fact was only shown by the heavy falls of his feet. Long and tired strides were made towards the glass door, which he un-locked, before heading in.

Marco wasn't really a one for elevators, but today, there was no way in hell he was climbing three flights of stairs.

The lift opened, revealing a familiar brunette to his sight.

His neighbour.

Thatch.

"There you are, Marco-Jesus, you look exhausted!"

Usually, the blonde would reply with a derivative snort or sarcastic comment; but today, he was just too tired. A lethargic bob of his head was his only reply.

"They're really scraping you for all you have, huh? Well, I'll shove off. Have a sleep, dude. You'll get sick otherwise."

Thatch abandoned the elevator with a friendly pat on Marco's shoulder. It was times like these, the blonde was glad for his friend and neighbour. With no family, Thatch was all he had.

Sighing tiredly, Marco entered the elevator and clicked the button for the third floor. Once there, he moved to his front door, unlocked it, and headed in.

Despite the fact his job was somewhat tedious, it had it's perks. He was paid well, and in turn, managed to afford a nice apartment with a balcony and great view of the city.

Kicking off his shoes, he lugged himself and his satchel into the living area, where he dumped his bag on the sofa.

Pulling a pack of cigarettes from his pocket, a lighter from the corresponding one, he unlocked the sliding door to his balcony, and headed out. Leaning over the railing, he lit the cancerous stick and took a deep drag.

Instantly, all his stresses melted away.

Well, all but one.

The main downside to his job was the people he had to work with. Not his colleagues, no. He enjoyed their company. Especially that of a certain energetic raven who found joy in pestering him all day.

No, he hated the people he had to photograph. Being a photographer who worked for a company, he had little to no say in what people he had to deal with. Which, unfortunately for him, meant he had to deal with a lot of snobs.

"Tch."

He grunted, flicking the butt of the cigarette over the side of the balcony. His steps were lighter as he headed back inside. However, he froze as he noticed a blank disc in a white sleeve laying half out of his bag.

He groaned.

On that disc, was a video of the woman he had to photograph for his latest assignment. He had to watch it, to 'get to know who he was dealing with'.

Clicking his tongue, he grabbed the disc, and shoved it into the DVD player, quickly turning on the TV and changing the channel to HDMI1.

The selection menu for un-official DVD's came up, and he clicked on the title of random letters, numbers and dashes. Suddenly, the screen burst into life.